PDA

View Full Version : Greetings one and all

Tonkin
6-14-12, 4:34am
Hello im new to this Forum, My name is Ross Tonkin but you can call me Mr T if you like :P (i will get on planes like a fool!)

joking aside, i came here to find out about simple living and going self sufficient. I recently had to mates leave the country and have gone to portugal to do the same, i plan to meet them in a few months or so. im pretty much a newbie in this but have started to do research into what style of house i'd like to build, crops, renewable energies etc. if anyone can pass on some tips or just point me in the right direction that be great. :) thanks all !

Selah
6-14-12, 9:21am
Welcome, Tonkin! You've come to a very good place to find out about all the subjects you're interested in. I'm always interested to hear peoples' experiences, particularly if they're in a region or country far different from where I am myself. The problems facing us are all basically the same (food, shelter, waste disposal, energy usage, consumption patterns, etc.), but humans have an amazing ability to find different solutions to these universal problems. Welcome again.

fidgiegirl
6-14-12, 12:58pm
Super exciting, Tonkin! I am also looking forward to hearing about your journey. If your friends are into the same concepts as you (self-sufficiency, etc.) it will be so much easier than going it on your own. Hopefully you can stick together in your quest!

Tussiemussies
6-14-12, 10:01pm
Hi Tonkin, welcome to the SLN. You sure will find a plethora of information on all the subjects you are interested in. You can start posting about them and others will jump right in!

Good luck with your moving plans!