PDA

View Full Version : It couldn't be any cuter, especially if you like unique, small and cozy.

small & friendly
6-18-12, 1:03am
I love it all...the bunk beds, the little table and chairs, the built-on deck and the countryside. The only thing I would change is have it just a teensy bit closer to some neighbors.
Here's a link to Julia's blog "Hooked on Houses" and her story about Marcia, who lives in a caboose. Just scroll on down the page to where it says, visit 'tiny house blog' for more pictures. It is absolutely charming.

http://hookedonhouses.net/2011/10/21/living-in-a-tiny-house-marcias-cozy-red-caboose/

Tussiemussies
6-18-12, 1:15am
Really enjoyed seeing this. Don't know if I could live in a space that small,but think she has done a great job with it.
Thanks for the post...

Stella
6-18-12, 8:30am
O.M. Goodness! That is too cute! I love it!

cattledog
6-18-12, 10:19am
That's really cute. I think you have to keep things light like that! I've never seen that blog before either. I'm going to have to check it out.

Gregg
6-18-12, 11:40am
I know a guy who owns a caboose and rents it out to ski bums. The house is actually pretty famous as the two main characters in an old ski movie lived in it on screen. Not sure what he gets for rent, but there is always a line of people waiting, hoping to live there if it ever comes vacant. Not as cute as this place to be sure, but pretty darn cozy. I always wonder about the effort it would take to move something like this into place. Not just the caboose itself, but you I think you have to actually lay train tracks for it to set on. Just adds to the charm I guess.

bunnys
6-18-12, 12:35pm
It is cute, albeit small.

My house is 1750ish square feet and way too big for one person (plus a cat and dog.)

I'd love something smaller (like around 1000 sq ft) but don't want a condo or apartment bc I love having a lawn.

I love the cuteness of this (who doesn't like cute) but it looks a little too tight for me.

pony mom
6-18-12, 3:22pm
That's really cute. Almost like an RV w/o the bumpouts.

Mrs-M
6-18-12, 4:15pm
Magnificent! The snowy scene makes it all the more cozy and homey.

Kathy WI
6-18-12, 4:52pm
I love it. It reminds me of my bus.

Wildflower
6-18-12, 9:58pm
I absolutely love it!! I could live in it by myself quite easily. I love the decor too. All it needs is a kitty or a very small dog and it would be perfect. :)

mamalatte
6-18-12, 11:15pm
When I was a kid my brother and I LOVED to stay in the Red Caboose Motel in Lancaster, PA (in the so-called "Amish Country"). You got to sleep in bunkbeds in a real caboose, and the "dining car" restaurant actually shook up and down and made train-like noises. There was also a real train track right nearby and we would put pennies on the track to see them get smashed by the train wheels. Good times! http://www.redcaboosemotel.com/

happystuff
6-19-12, 7:07am
This IS very cute! I'm sooooo ready for something smaller and posts like these motivate me to continue on my personal sizing. Thanks so much for posting!

ashem37
7-29-13, 1:13pm
This little red caboose was just featured on HGTV's You Live In What? It's such a sweet abode!
It's season 2, episode 5: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CEK4F4Q?SubscriptionId=0SMVYTEJQZQ0MFNMXQ02&tag=clickermedia-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00CEK4F4Q