PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Try2bfrugal

try2bfrugal
6-21-12, 11:31pm
Hello - I recently checked out the latest copy of Your Money or Your Life from the library. Re-reading the latest edition of the book led me to search online for more information which in turn led me here. I am glad to have found a forum with people with similar interests.

My interest this last year has been on urban homesteading and low cost living. Like my login, I am trying to be more frugal. We have reduced our costs quite a bit and are always looking for more ideas. This has been the first year in my life I ever kept a to the penny budget and I'm actually quite enjoying it. I set it high enough so that I can come in under budget each month with a modest effort, so it is like a game to see how much money I have left in the budget at the end of the month.

I look forward to reading more of the posts her and getting more ideas on how to reduce our expenses. I've just started browsing the forum posts today and already have a few ideas jotted down.

Selah
6-22-12, 2:15am
Welcome, try2bfrugal! You will find vast amounts of hard-won wisdom, good advice, and support here. I am continually and happily surprised by the generosity and intelligence of the forum members here. Personally, my financial life has been transformed primarily because of reading YMOYL and participating in these forums. I know I would not be where I am today if I hadn't been able to learn so much here. I wish you success in your journey towards reducing your expenses, low cost living, and even, eventually, Financial Independence.

try2bfrugal
6-22-12, 3:07am
Thank you for the welcome, Selah.

Tussiemussies
6-22-12, 4:03am
Hi!

Welcome to the boards...know you'll find plenty of information here to help you along your way. Enjoy!
Christine

Float On
6-22-12, 8:58am
Hi!!
Welcome to the boards!

fidgiegirl
6-22-12, 9:46am
Hi try2bfrugal . . . if it's ideas you need you're in the right place!! Welcome!!

try2bfrugal
6-22-12, 11:54am
Thank you all for the welcome. I am in awe of people who get their annual fixed expenses really low. This is my focus this year. We realized every $1K we cut in recurring annual expenses over fifty years into the future equals $50K in savings. So I have been madly attacking even the $10 a month type recurring charges as they really add up over time. You probably all know that, but the light bulb really went on for us this past year or so over that whole concept.