PDA

View Full Version : Domestic perfection. (Perfect balances/combinations).

Mrs-M
1-31-11, 12:46am
I happened upon this one strictly by accident the other day while washing and stripping bedding. I've been using "Original Gain" Laundry Detergent lately and with white bedding I add a dash of bleach to the wash-load to retain whiteness and freshness.

Anyhow, talk about a fresh heavenly smell afterwards! Perfect! A win-win combination/balance. How about you? Any perfect domestic combinations/balances you've happened across in your experiences with domestic duties?

iris lily
1-31-11, 2:38am
I'll tell you what's perfect: 1/2 of my kitchen. We've been painting kitchen cabinets and 1/2 of them are done and they look GOOD! I love my kitchen cabinets. DH built them years ago. They are bolted into the wall studs and will never come loose.

I know someone who lost a lot of dishes when her cheap apartment cabinets came lose from the wall. But that wont' happen to me, I could stand on these cabinets and they would not move.

Wildflower
1-31-11, 3:15am
Perfection is this wonderful shampoo I found recently for my dogs' sensitive skin. Now when I bathe them they smell absolutely scrumptious afterwards. I just love it when they smell so good! :) Of course, the lovely aroma doesn't last more than a day or two, but still it is wonderful. LOL

peggy
1-31-11, 9:21am
We finally got an extention for the flue. We didn't get a lot of smoke in the house, but little whiffs and puffs here and there and the whole house stinks. Now, nothing. The draw on this puppy could suck the hair off your head!

Zzz
1-31-11, 9:33am
I try to avoid looking for perfection in anything at home. It's not attainable. So, I go for comfortably lived in. I don't want things to look like a hoarders episode but I also don't want to waste my life energy over-cleaning. Life is too short.

Gregg
1-31-11, 9:43am
Chili and cornbread.

Alan
1-31-11, 11:24am
Kroger brand Olive Oil and Vinegar dressing. The taste and flavor beats anything I've ever tried.
And it's usually on sale at about a dollar a bottle.

Rosemary
1-31-11, 12:26pm
I don't seek perfection, either. My house is cozy and chemical-free, and our food is healthy and tasty. That's what I strive for.

Mrs-M
1-31-11, 5:46pm
Great entries! Love reading about them. I'm not a perfection seeker whatsoever, but it sure feels good when one happens upon a good thing and it works. :)