PDA

View Full Version : Annette Benning

iris lily
1-31-11, 2:44am
I saw Annette Benning in two films recently: The Kids are All Right and Mother and Child.

I have to say that I liked her in the latter film better than in her OScar nominated role in The Kids Are All Right. Her character was far more interesting. She was a brittle, sad, emotional woman who blossomed when she married late in life and experienced the joy of children.

While this film seemed like a made-for-tv movie, it was actually pretty interesting with some sharp characterizations, something that doesn't happen on HallMark Hall of Fame specials or The Woman's Channell.

In The Kids Are All Right she wasn't very likeable, but more than that, she just didn't have as much to do as in the other film.

margerymermaid
2-1-11, 12:26pm
I didn't see Mother and Child, but I did see the Kids are Alright. I can see why you'd say she wasn't likeable, but I warmed to her character because after she'd found out about her partner's betrayal, she actually seemed to soften. Even tho she was very hurt, she could see her part in it and forgave her partner. I liked the way she played the role and I really liked the movie and think Annette is a wonderful actress. She can stretch herself in many directions. I'll try to see Mother and Child.