PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for a Seattle-area SLF gathering?

lhamo
7-25-12, 12:26am
I had a really great time meeting Rozie, redfox and AnneM last December during a trip back to Seattle to visit family. Wondering if anyone is interested in a little SLF get-together sometime between July 30-August 16th. I'll be back during that period with my kids for another family visit, and have a pretty loose schedule. As with the last time, I hope that putting this idea out there will help me with follow through! I'm thinking somethign very low key/low cost, like we pick a park in the region and agree to meet at a designated time for a group picnic or easy hike (my kids are a bit on the lazy side!) or something. Happy to discuss different ideas, and look forward to possibly seeing some of you in person soon!

I have family both on the Eastside (Snoqualmie Valley area) and in town (Blue Ridge) and will be back and forth between the two areas regularly, so would be open to meeting somewhere nearby, or anywhere along the way.

lhamo

redfox
7-25-12, 1:36am
Kubota Gardens! A rare jewel in SE Seattle. Great idea... Bae, c'mon down from OI.

lizii
7-25-12, 4:48am
I live in Vancouver, BC and would dearly love to join you in Seattle, but I have no way to get there.

Is it possible for people visiting in Seattle to cross the border to visit me?

I'd love to meet you.

lhamo
7-25-12, 6:42am
Hi lizii,

I don't think I can manage a trip to Vancouver this time, but we do sometimes fly through there and I have urged my DH to consider a layover so we can explore the city (one of my favorite places in the world! and one of the few places I would rather live than Seattle, if we could afford it...). So maybe another trip soon. We come back a couple of times a year.

lhamo

treehugger
7-25-12, 12:00pm
Since I adore Seattle and have dreams of moving there some day, I love to live vicariously through your Seattle-area meetups. Have fun and keep us informed! :)

Kara

AnneM
7-25-12, 11:22pm
I'll be in eastern Washington from August 12th through the 18th, but am free any other day. I'm in the valley too, and wouldn't mind a hike if you're up to it. I do work Mon-Fri however, so would have to do an evening hike during the week, or could do any time on the weekend.

lizii
7-26-12, 4:11am
Hi lizii,

I don't think I can manage a trip to Vancouver this time, but we do sometimes fly through there and I have urged my DH to consider a layover so we can explore the city (one of my favorite places in the world! and one of the few places I would rather live than Seattle, if we could afford it...). So maybe another trip soon. We come back a couple of times a year.

lhamo

Oh lhamo, I'd love to meet you! Send me a note next time you are in the area and I'll give you my address.

Spartana
8-16-12, 2:21pm
Have you guys met up yet? I'm going to be in the Seattle area later in the month visiting a friend in Bremerton so if you are getting together then keep it posted here.

redfox
8-16-12, 3:36pm
We haven't... Ilhamo, is today your last day here?

Spartana
8-17-12, 1:17pm
We haven't... Ilhamo, is today your last day here?

Well when I make it up to that area towards the end of the month (or beginnibg of Sept.) I'll check to see if anyone is around who wants to get together. I'm still deciding if I want to drive up there or fly. After looking at gas prices, flying is definetly cheaper!!

lhamo
8-18-12, 8:36pm
Sorry -- got busier than expected and didn't get around to pulling something together. Maybe during our next visit (likely in December).

lhamo

Spartana
8-20-12, 4:56pm
Sorry -- got busier than expected and didn't get around to pulling something together. Maybe during our next visit (likely in December).

lhamo

Too bad - sounds like it would have been fun. I'm in the process of driving up to Wash now and wiill head east after that so maybe next time! But who knows, may fall in love with the area and just stay. Plus, you DO own me a fancy Seattle coffee Ihamo and I plan to collect some day :-)!