PDA

View Full Version : It sure is nicer to fly GA.

dmc
7-28-12, 1:36pm
My wife went with me to Hannibal Mo today. Its a 2 hour drive, but a 30min flight. We drove the 5 miles to the local airport and pulled the plane out of its hanger. No lines, no TSA, just walk up and unlock the door. Pre flight took a few min. and away we went for a nice flight along the Mississippi River. Landed at the Hannibal airport and was greeted by a man there asking if we needed fuel or anything else. We mentioned that we planned on going to town and he said no problem, they have a courtesy car. So we got the keys to a late model Lincoln SUV and he said just put some gas in it.

After a short stay we departed and flew down to Mexico MO. Again very nice greeting and very nice terminal, new leather couches, tvs, computer, ect. Asked if they had a soda machine and was told just take one out of the fridge in the new, very nice, kitchen. They also said there was a car if we wanted to run to town. We just visited with the manager there for a little while and headed back home.

Got back and put gas in the plane and put it away. We mentioned to the FBO owner that we were thinking of taking a trip down to Hot Springs soon. He said let him know as he has a condo there that we could use. Hot Springs is a 7 1/2 drive, but a 2 hour flight.

Ive never traveled and had people treat me nicer. This General Aviation flying is great.

Valley
7-28-12, 3:58pm
It sounds wonderful. You worked hard for it...and now you can enjoy it all!