PDA

View Full Version : Appointment Diaries/Calenders - Paper or Electronic?

Citygirl
8-20-12, 1:45pm
Hi, I'm just wondering what calendars you use. I have always used a paper diary, I used a Filofax for ages until it became too bulky (even the mini version), then I went back to a slimline diary. Now however, after years of thinking I could never give up a paper diary, I have started using the calendar on my phone and I actually like it so I haven't used my paper appointment diary for a while now.

Square Peg
8-20-12, 2:31pm
I am bad with these things. I use a paper calendar, but then forget to check it.
Right now, I use Google Calendar, because I get an email of events in the morning. I also use ReminderFox, which is a firefox add-in. It pops up often during the day to remind me of things, and it sits in the corner of the screen as a red ribbon, as if I had tied a string around my finger.

I have an iPad, and so I am trying to use calendars on that as well. I went through quite a few, but I found one I liked: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/extreme-agenda-calendar-contacts/id397983960?mt=8

I also keep a running to do list with Listomatic. I like that because I can add pretty pictures to my to-dos. Each to-do has its own page, and you can add an image on that page. I put pretty pictures, because it helps keep the anxiety of the to-do in check :) http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/listomatic/id507098896?mt=8

shadowmoss
8-20-12, 2:39pm
I put recurring items, like bills to be paid and such, in an on-line calendar at zoho.com and have the reminders sent to my gmail account. I'm usually in my gmail account either at work or at home, so it works.

treehugger
8-20-12, 3:17pm
I use an electronic calendar/appointment diary only. I use the one that is built into my phone, and it syncs with Google Calendar. Things I love about this system:

- It's always with me, in a small, easy-to-stash-in-my-purse package.
- I have a permanent backup in case I lose my phone or it fails
- My husband and I have a shared calendar (also automatically synced), so we can coordinate our schedules
- Yearly items like birthdays and recurring doctor's appointments are automatically repeated and never have to be added again (but can of course be updated at any time)
- I can set it to send me reminders
- It syncs automatically with Google, so I don't have to plug it in or remember to sync it

Kara

happystuff
8-20-12, 3:29pm
I still organize the schedules for more than myself so I have a pocket two-year monthly calendar in my purse and a monthly one year calendar on the wall next to the phone. The wall calendar is the "master". I like the whole month on a page as I can usually look things up very quickly by simply flipping a page.

SteveinMN
8-20-12, 4:00pm
For me, all electronic. I use the calendar on my phone (Nokia smartphone) which is then synchronized with a Web site (Everdroid; it also can sync my address book, to-do list, and text messages). I have to say backed-up electronic calendars have saved my bacon more than once (like when I lost my Palm handheld). I don't think I'll ever go back to paper.