PDA

View Full Version : Great article on having enough

Yarnfan
8-22-12, 8:53am
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2012/07/what-my-sons-disabilities-taught-me-about-having-it-all/260479/

Tussiemussies
8-22-12, 9:14am
What an amazing woman and such a great perspective in her very difficult situation. Thanks for sharing this...

Mighty Frugal
8-22-12, 10:56am
beautiful. Thanks for posting this.

JaneV2.0
8-22-12, 11:42am
I read this article some time ago. Apparently I didn't take away the right message, because I had all the same thoughts as her friends and acquaintances. She seems to be dealing well with her lot in life, which is all any of us can be expected to do. (But really--no respite care for a dinner out? Ever?)

try2bfrugal
8-22-12, 11:44am
The first article on the disabled son was great.

I also read an article the first article linked to on not having it all by the ex-government official. That just seemed one long brag post "I have not exactly left the ranks of full-time career women: I teach a full course load; write regular print and online columns on foreign policy; give 40 to 50 speeches a year; appear regularly on TV and radio; and am working on a new academic book." So that's how she spends quality time with her troubled son and husband - going from not being home at all except on weekends to traveling and working what sounds like 70 hours a week?

Does she think on her deathbed she is going to regret that she didn't spend her time giving a lot more speeches?