PDA

View Full Version : Do I have someone's permission to _______?

Life_is_Simple
9-3-12, 7:47pm
From Minz in her thread: " I really think I had a final big breakthrough this weekend when I gave myself permission to just let it all go!!"

This thread is for us to get someone to tell us it is ok to get rid of stuff. In my case:

I'll start: Can I get rid of phone books? I never use them, I look everything up online :)

Minz
9-3-12, 8:08pm
From Minz in her thread: " I really think I had a final big breakthrough this weekend when I gave myself permission to just let it all go!!"

This thread is for us to get someone to tell us it is ok to get rid of stuff. In my case:

I'll start: Can I get rid of phone books? I never use them, I look everything up online :)

I give you complete and total permission to get rid of all the phone books once and for all! I'll go a step further and dare you to walk out to the trash/recycle bin and do it right now! Woohoo!! You go girl!!
Justification: you don't use them, all the info is on the internet, it will free up space in your house and you will feel great and move a step closer to your goals!

Tussiemussies
9-3-12, 9:28pm
Hi life is simple, sounds like you are looking for some support, but truly all you need is you to give yourself the permission to do what is right for you. You will feel stronger in doing it yourself, but there is no harm in asking for some support while you do what is right for you....

Just my two cents on the issue!

Life_is_Simple
9-4-12, 10:15am
I give you complete and total permission to get rid of all the phone books once and for all! I'll go a step further and dare you to walk out to the trash/recycle bin and do it right now! Woohoo!! You go girl!!
Justification: you don't use them, all the info is on the internet, it will free up space in your house and you will feel great and move a step closer to your goals!
Thanks! They're outta here!
:+1::thankyou:

Float On
9-4-12, 12:40pm

I got rid of my phone books last year and added my address to the no-phonebook list (it worked for all that drop them off at your house, didn't work on the ones that mail them to you).
My brother-in-law was pretty ticked off at me this weekend when I said I didn't have a phonebook. He is a lawyer and said he still gets a lot of clients thru the adds he places in phonebooks. I suggested he start re-thinking that in the next few years.

ToomuchStuff
9-4-12, 12:52pm
I got rid of my phone books last year and added my address to the no-phonebook list (it worked for all that drop them off at your house, didn't work on the ones that mail them to you).

You can't just say the no phonebook list without a link! There are those of us who have never heard of it, and think that we should send a bill to the companies that make us dispose of their trash.

Amaranth
9-4-12, 12:55pm
From the phone books before recycling, write down the numbers for:
Utility repair numbers: electric, gas, water, computer
Important repair people: insurance, plumbing, construction, roofing, electrical, arborist, well, doctor, vet, hospital emergency rooms
Alternate numbers for fire and police and ambulance other than 911
Keep list at home and in wallets and program into cell phones as well

Recently in our area due to a bad storm the internet, phone, and TV lines were out over many areas so nothing could be looked up online. Random cell towers were out. 911 went out.

So if you had a cell phone, you could drive around until you found a working cell phone area and then call whomever you needed if their phones were working. It could take over an hour on hold to get through to request help for each repair person. (Take your charger with you and plug in wherever you can find power.)

During the 911 outage, we were advised via radio that in a medical emergency to toss the injured/sick person into a car and drive them to the ambulance.