PDA

View Full Version : Brand new treadle machine

JaneV2.0
10-7-12, 12:39pm
Maybe these are commonly available now, but last time I looked for one they were pretty hard to find. I was just perusing http://o.co (Overstock.com) and came across the following machine: Janome 712T Treadle-powered Sewing Machine, for $250. Janome has a good reputation; it's a Japanese company now associated with Elna. You have to buy the treadle table separately--probably not hard to find at antique shops or on-line stores catering to the Amish. FYI

redfox
10-7-12, 8:50pm
How very cool!

razz
10-7-12, 9:27pm
That is really interesting to read. Thanks.

awakenedsoul
10-7-12, 9:41pm
That's great! I bought a 1938 Kenmore sewing machine cabinet for $19.50 at the Salvation Army. The piece of furniture is beautiful. I found an old vintage ad for it on line. They took $5.00 down and then you could pay it off...I think it went for $65.00 which was a lot of money at the time. I read the history, and the guy who made them went out of business due to people importing them from Japan. Mine is a manual. I have a Singer featherweight, too. I love it!

JaneV2.0
10-7-12, 9:43pm
Amazon sells them too. Same price. Good reviews.

I have Featherweights. Great little machines.

Tussiemussies
10-7-12, 9:52pm
I like to sew so it would be really fun to try a machine like this...

Jilly
10-7-12, 9:55pm
I saw that when I was shopping for a machine last month. I eventually went with something else, but I did buy (actually on order) Janome's red and white Hello Kitty one to use with my grandchildren.

Mrs-M
10-8-12, 8:28am
I had to Google, the machine, to familiarize myself with. Very nice!

Gardenarian
10-11-12, 4:27pm
Seems to me they could make a treadle computer...