PDA

View Full Version : Shelter from the storm.........cute chipmunk

CathyA
10-14-12, 7:52pm
DH and I were sitting inside the house near a window, when we saw this little chipmunk climb up into a bush close by. It was really, really windy out. He climbed into an old bird's nest and rested for awhile. Sooo cute!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f129/Catherine50/IMG_8494contrast.jpg

rosarugosa
10-14-12, 8:39pm
What a great picture, Cathy! I love chipmunks!

Mrs-M
10-14-12, 8:57pm
I absolutely adore chipmunks! CathyA, when are you going to get into professional picture taking? You are really talented when it comes to it, always catching the most elusive of shots.

bunnys
10-14-12, 9:07pm
Yeah, that's pretty cute.

Rosemary
10-14-12, 9:18pm
I love chipmunks, too! When I was about 5 years old I somehow rescued a chipmunk from our huge cat. My mom nearly fainted when she saw me holding it - I walked to a tree and let it scamper up. Luckily, neither cat nor chipmunk bit me.

We have recently begun to see more of these critters in our yard. I think it's because I've been working on naturalizing a portion of it, and we've also planted many trees since moving in.

CathyA
10-14-12, 9:42pm
Thanks for that wonderful compliment Mrs. M! I was just sitting there enjoying watching it, when DH said "you should take a picture of it".........so I did. I guess I wouldn't have though, if he hadn't brought it up! I was just trying to figure out what it was during up in that bush! At first I thought it was eating the seeds that the bush is putting out now. Then it got all comfy in that bird nest. I wish I could have gotten its ears in the picture too, but there were so many branches in the way. It didn't seem to see me, although I think it got tired of the flashes and turned around in the nest. haha

I know alot of people don't like chipmunks because they can cause alot of problems, especially in places like garages. But we don't have a garage.........but lots of outdoor hiding places for them. They have tunnels all through our back yard. I'm always afraid our dog will get one of them, so we've taught the dog to lay down in the back room, until we go out on the deck and clap our hands a bunch of times, to warn the chipmunks/squirrels. Some mornings I look out on the deck, and one of them is just sitting on the deck railing, enjoying the day. They are just so darned cute.

Tussiemussies
10-14-12, 10:00pm
What a cute picture, and so adorable that he is sitting in an old bird's nest...

Float On
10-14-12, 11:10pm
Love it!

Amaranth
11-13-12, 12:05pm
Great picture. What a clever chipmunk to make use of a comfortable place.