PDA

View Full Version : I declined a meeting from my boss

Zoe Girl
10-30-12, 9:18pm
and didn't feel a twinge! She sent a meeting request for tomorrow morning this morning, about 24 hours notice. As some know I am on call basically 12 hours a day but between 8 am and 3 pm I don't have an active program so i take time in the middle of the day off. The first month or so of school I accepted all meetings and worked really hard because it was the start up, now I am being very careful about putting in extra hours. I am catching up on dental and medical appointments right now. I did tell her briefly that but I really don't need to explain very much.

So I need to start doing what I did last year which was send her a weekly basic schedule of when I was working and when i was off, and set a half day a week that I do not work to balance the early mornings and late nights that come up.

I am feeling like I got something out of reading that review, a new sense of how being passive got me nowhere.

Gardenarian
10-31-12, 3:44pm
Good for you for turning those negative feelings into something positive!!
I don't know the details of your work situation, but it sure is an excellent thing to set boundaries on your time and availability.
Cheers!