PDA

View Full Version : Funny way to loose excess wieght

studentofecology
11-3-12, 5:57pm
Now, this might not work for you if you're not as lazy as I am.

By simply not keeping any easy to make foods around the house, I've been losing a pound every week or so. In addition to prepared foods, I mean potatoes, eggs, sausage, pasta, bread, yogurt, cooked meat, canned beans, basically any food that can be ready in less than 10 minutes. I do still have fresh veggies and fruits to snack on.

I'm simply too lazy to fix food for myself unless I really am truly hungry. No more eating because I'm bored, or get a craving. I find it's much easier to pass by foods at the grocery store than to buy potatoes and not eat potatoes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Float On
11-3-12, 6:22pm
I'm even too lazy to fry an egg today. I had a spoonful of peanut butter for lunch. DH is asking what's for dinner and I'm not sure.

I think I've lost 10 lbs due to my broken ankle which is strange because I'm not out exercising.

bunnys
11-3-12, 6:40pm
That's really impressive, the both of you. I love cooking so I can't see that working for me although I eat pretty well (vegan) and rarely eat any prepared food, I still need to lose like 10#.

Rosemary
11-3-12, 10:20pm
I enjoy cooking, too, but not having those ready-to-eat foods is a good general strategy. At least I'm on my feet chopping veggies when I want to eat instead of opening a box and sitting down.

Our ready-to-eat foods are fruits and nuts. I also keep veggies ready to eat in the fridge, both raw and cooked, so it's easy to toss together a salad, heat up some soup, or grab some carrot sticks.

Tussiemussies
11-4-12, 1:27am
We don't keep packaged food at home or snacks since I am on a diet, for a long time now since it is a lifestyle change. Not losing any weight though since I need to exercise. Hormones are a big factor too now. :(