PDA

View Full Version : Taking grocery coupons to the next level

Tussiemussies
11-4-12, 2:09am
An interesting article from dollar stretcher about how there are four different types of marketing going on for purchasing food...

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/personal-finance/take-grocery-coupons-to-the-next-level-1.aspx

AndrewD
11-10-12, 9:49am
Seems interesting. I'll read it one more time :-)

WEG0508
11-10-12, 3:40pm
A comment was posted on the site containing the article as:

"When you live in an area where the grocery store with the lowest prices does not accept coupons, but has consistently lower prices, and the stores that take coupons, schedule sales so that coupons and sale prices do not coincide, coupons don't help much."

True coupons are not always the best option or an available option when shopping at "discount" food stores but they can be used in the right situations to save you money.

For example discount grocery store xyz sells an item for $1.49 regular price. Target may sell the item for $1.99 so that .40 cents off coupon is not very helpful at getting a lower price. Collect and hold on to the coupon especially if it has several weeks before expiration. If the item goes on sale at Target before your .40 cents coupon expires or if Target issues a coupon for a certain amount of the product and allows the use of the coupon with the sales price, then you save. If the coupon reaches it expiration before then, you have lost nothing.

Tussiemussies
11-11-12, 9:03am
WEG, that is exactly my method that I use all the time, I look for sales on what we use, then I use a coupon clipper service and get the coupons I need for those items, a lot of times they have them, they carry tons of different coupons. So then I get the sale price with the coupon and our store doubles the coupons, so it works out very well since I stockpile...:)

rodeosweetheart
11-16-12, 1:15pm
WEG, that is exactly my method that I use all the time, I look for sales on what we use, then I use a coupon clipper service and get the coupons I need for those items, a lot of times they have them, they carry tons of different coupons. So then I get the sale price with the coupon and our store doubles the coupons, so it works out very well since I stockpile...:)

I have a dumb question, what is a coupon clipper service, and does it cost money?

Tussiemussies
11-16-12, 1:51pm
Hi rodeo, the coupon clipper service clips coupons and finds many different coupons from all over the country. They usually have what I am looking for. The coupons usually cost a dime a piece but it is worth it if your grocery store doubles coupons. Here is the best site I use. You do have to register and spend at least $3.00 in coupons. They are in Fla. so you have to make sure your purchase gets in, in enough time so you will make the store sale. When I stockpile paper items and toiletries, which I usuallyonly use certain brands, I usually save fifty plus dollars. Not bad!

www.thecouponclippers.com

rodeosweetheart
11-16-12, 2:13pm
Thanks, Tussiemussies, I will definitely check this out! For stockpile things like toothpaste and dish detergent, could be very cool.

Tussiemussies
11-16-12, 3:03pm
Good luck Rodeo, hope you save bunches! :)