PDA

View Full Version : The best laid plans...............

CathyA
11-15-12, 12:05pm
I do alot of shopping online and find the best price before I go shopping. I needed a pan for DD for Christmas and one for myself. Amazon has it for around $30 each. Bed, Bath and Beyond has it for $30 also......but there I have to pay tax and use about 2 gallons of gas to get there and back, BUT I have a $10 off coupon for EACH of the pots. So I could get it there for $10 less plus do more errands around the area, to get more out of the gas.

I called BB and Beyond to make sure they had the pots. I'm thinking I'm pretty smart.
I put something in the car that needs to be returned at another store.
I drive 22 miles, thinking of all the things I needed to do after I buy the pans.
Pulled into BB and Beyond and reached for my purse...........and it wasn't there!! I forgot it!! :0! Can't do a dang thing without it. BUT........I keep a $20 in my glove box for emergencies and had about $2 in change. I figured I could at least buy 1 pan. Then I find out the pans have glass lids, which I didn't want. :help: So I'm thinking I just wasted 2 gallons of gas and time.
Then I decided to buy one pan for DD. She probably won't mind the glass lid. I had just enough money.
I had to forget about all the other things I was going to get done and drove home very carefully those 22 miles, since I didn't even have my driver's license.

I think what happened was that I carried my coat and something else to the car and thought it was my purse. :doh:
Oh well. It could have been worse. But I have to laugh at myself that I was so very prepared with where was the best place to buy which thing, but forgot my danged purse. Sometimes I wonder about my brain.:~)

Jilly
11-15-12, 4:17pm
Sometimes I wonder about my brain.

Was probably hanging out with your purse.

razz
11-15-12, 6:50pm
A similar thing happened to me. I was meeting DD1 in two hours time, picked up the items to give her and made it to the transit station early to find out that I had forgotten my purse with all my money, phone, drivers licence etc.
I remembered another item as I was going out the door with my hands full and dropped my purse long enough to go and pick up the missing item and raced out the door.

I drove home very carefully, grabbed my purse, got my DH trying to reach DD1 at our meeting point and we did connect finally once we got our cellphones operational when we missed our original meeting time .
I usually remember my purse so this was a first and it will not happen again as I doublecheck every time now.

If it is any comfort, when I tell my story, I usually find out that many others have had similar experiences. Life happens!!

iris lily
11-15-12, 9:45pm
awwwwwwww crap. That's so annoying!

iris lily
11-15-12, 9:45pm
Was probably hanging out with your purse.

OMG funny!

CathyA
11-16-12, 6:12am
Jilly.........sure enough........when I got home my brain was right on top of my purse.
razz.......maybe we should put a sign at the end of our drives........"Purse"? haha