PDA

View Full Version : Make really cute paper Christmas trees -- from the magazine "Country Woman"

Tussiemussies
11-29-12, 4:54pm
http://www.countrywomanmagazine.com/project/paper-christmas-trees/

Jilly
11-29-12, 5:25pm
I have gotten a few good ideas from that web site.

Mrs-M
11-29-12, 9:31pm
Oh, I love them! Image 3 of 4, is so joyous and whimsical! Love, Country Woman Magazine!

I've got a major fetish for Christmas trees! Craft-type trees and miniatures (decorations), my weakness!

Wildflower
11-30-12, 12:25am
I like those! I always do some fun crafty things with the grandkids at Christmas time. I bet they would like to make these. :)

miradoblackwarrior
11-30-12, 9:55am
Thos are really pretty!

Hey, does anyone remember making christmas trees out of rolled newspaper? I was just thinking about that!

Susan

Mrs-M
11-30-12, 11:21am
Originally posted by Miradoblackwarrior.
does anyone remember making christmas trees out of rolled newspaper?I don't, but how neat-O is that! Please elaborate more, Susan. :)

happystuff
12-2-12, 7:37am
I remember making Christmas trees as a kid. One method was to take paper towel or tp rolls and cutting them into about 1 - 2 inch lengths. You then wrapped each piece in foil. Then using glue or clear tape, we taped 4 together ( OOOO ), then added a row of 3 above that ( OOO ), then 2 and topped off with one - making a tree (triangle).
One more piece standing upright was the trunk at the bottom attached between roll 2 and 3 of the first row. Then we would put whatever little things we could find as decorations (mainly beads), string them on little pieces of string and hang them from the center of each ( O ). Make a paper star for the top and voila!

A second method we used to do was the old folding down the pages of a magazine into the shape of a tree, taping the cover page to the back page to form a circle and then spray painting them whatever color we wanted.

Wow - haven't thought of this stuff in a long time. Thanks for the thread!

miradoblackwarrior
12-15-12, 1:12pm
You rolled a newspaper into a roll about 3 - 4 inches. Cut strips down one side, about 1 inch apart, and 1/2 to 1/3 the way down. Then carefully pull the end where you cut the strips. The newspaper "unrolls", and the strips fall away to make the branches. When we were kits, we sealed the tree off with glue or tape, once we had pulled it as far as we wanted. We painted it, made paper ornaments, threw sprinkles and glitter, and made a mess! It was good fun, simple, and if it didn't turn out right, you could "fix" it, or start a new one.

Susan

IshbelRobertson
12-16-12, 9:26am
I remember making Christmas trees with sections of unwanted paperbacks. Using a craft knife remove sections from the glued spine, about 30 pages and then each page in the section was folded individually. Hey presto, a print tree. I recall spraying them with silver and gold paint and sprkling glitter on them.

My kids adored making them!

Mrs-M
12-17-12, 6:53pm
Nifty tree-making ideas, Happystuff, Miradoblackwarrior, and Ishbel!

Francis Boyle
3-5-13, 12:04pm
Hey, those are really neat creations. And I like the idea that I could use reuse some of the paper that I already get. There is this ornament that I found in one of the sites, could you probably tell how I can create one of those in house?
Here is the link to the Christmas Ornament (http://www.ornamentsandmore.com/candy-cane-with-purple-bow-personalized-ornament.aspx).

Really appreciate your help :)