PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Remodel

San Onofre Guy
12-4-12, 1:49pm
Yes, taking on the impossible a 5o year old kitchen is being modernized. We do have a great contractor who has subs that do top grade work. We are in the buying appliance stage. We like the look and think that we will go with Electrolux for a double wall oven, gas cooktop, dishwasher and built in microwave. Does anyone have experience with Electrolux? We have great luck with their vaccums which they are known for. Nothing simple about this project other than the contractor.

SteveinMN
12-4-12, 2:22pm
We have an Electrolux washer, dryer, and (gas) range in this house and an Electrolux (gas) range in the rental property. Every single one of those appliances is 5-10 years old. No complaints at all. I like the value Electrolux offers relative to other brands. In the past, I've tended to buy Whirlpool (Whirlpool/KitchenAid/Estate/Kirkland/IKEA/some Kenmore) for "wet" appliances (refrigerator, dishwasher) because I think the mechanicals were sturdier. But I'm hearing noises from consumers and techs that Whirlpool has been -- umm -- "optimizing" quality lately and I'm not so sure they'd make the short list anymore.

BTW, Electrolux the vacuum manufacturer was not always the same as Electrolux the appliance maker: Wikipedia link to Aerus (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerus_LLC)

[EDIT] Good luck on the remodel! It's tough to lose a kitchen to remodeling. But I'm sure it will be great once it's done!