PDA

View Full Version : a new weapon in my bring lunch to work challenge!

Zoe Girl
12-25-12, 12:16pm
My sister got me a Lunch Crock! It is a super small and totally sealed crock pot for work. You put in your meal and let it cook on your desk until lunch time. The cord even tucks very nicely into the base for carrying ease. It is 20 ounces which is just right, I could even do leftovers for a shorter time.

This is nifty, especially since in addition to trying to take my lunch daily I am moving back vegetarian possibly. I have lots of food that would be adaptable (I just read the article on how to convert recipes to slow cooker)

http://www.amazon.com/Crock-Pot-SCCPLC200-BL-20-Ounce-Lunch-Warmer/dp/B006H5V8RG

fidgiegirl
12-25-12, 12:40pm
Cute, Zoe Girl. And really high reviews! Let us know how you like it.

cindycindy
12-25-12, 2:10pm
What a great idea. No more having to use the (usually unsanitary, germ filled) microwave at work. Enjoy it!

Jilly
12-25-12, 11:21pm
A friend has one and she loves it. You might want to check, but the one to which you linked only warms already cooked food. Just sharing.:)

Selah
12-26-12, 7:15am
Lunch as a weapon in the fight for frugality, simplicity and the brown-bag way...love it!

bke
1-2-13, 8:47am
That sounds like a brilliant idea! Even if it just warms leftovers. I envisioned the aroma of lasagna coming from my desk all morning-that so beats a cold sandwich sitting is a desk drawer.

Float On
1-2-13, 10:42am
Neat.

mtnlaurel
1-2-13, 10:46am
That's hilarious... it's so cute. Now that's a little $20 gift that will pay for itself a million times over.