PDA

View Full Version : Maeve Binchy died--anyone else a fan?

pony mom
12-30-12, 9:34pm
I just found out today that she died in July. She has one more book coming out on Valentine's Day next year.

I love reading her stories. She just sucks you in after the first few pages. One day I'll go back and re-read all of them.

razz
12-30-12, 10:18pm
I have enjoyed her writing very much. What is the title of the last book?

iris lily
12-30-12, 11:09pm
I remember Circle of Friends, read it before it became a film.

IshbelRobertson
12-31-12, 4:10am
Yes. I like quite a few of the Irish chic lit writers incliding Patricia scanlan, sheila O'Flanagan and marian Keyes.

I ordered her last book for my kindle, but haven't read it yet.

ETA. The title is A week in Winter, published in the UK at the beginning of November.

sweetana3
12-31-12, 5:45am
I just finished her book on the group of people in Greece on vacation and the relationship issues they had. Lovely writing and very sensitive. I cannot remember the title and gave it to my MIL.

Florence
12-31-12, 9:44am
I enjoy her books in small doses. Maybe one a year.

Sad Eyed Lady
1-1-13, 9:55am
Yes, I too enjoyed her books. I remember the first one I discovered was "The Night Class". Later I was surprised that the same people kept showing up in them. Some were better than others, but overall I liked them very much.

Merski
1-1-13, 5:23pm
I loved Maeve! I started on her Light A Penny Candle and continued on to her others. I too will miss her.

Selah
1-2-13, 1:48am
I, too, loved "Night Class!" I lived in Ireland for some time and often saw her on television, promoting her books as they came out over the years. She was truly loved and admired in Ireland and by readers the world over. She will be missed.