PDA

View Full Version : Music around the house system?

razz
1-6-13, 3:07pm
Since I have signed up for satellite TV and love the 24 hour music, what would be the simplest way to connect the music from the TV so that I can hear it all around the bungalow type of house?

Tussiemussies
1-6-13, 3:47pm
I will ask my husband because I had wanted this at one time and he never got to doing it but explained that wires would have to go down to the basement that are connected to the stereo somehow and then come up where you want the speaker. I will have him come on board as soon as he can to give you all of the details.:)

puglogic
1-6-13, 5:36pm
Since I have signed up for satellite TV and love the 24 hour music, what would be the simplest way to connect the music from the TV so that I can hear it all around the bungalow type of house?

We moved into a house where the previous owners had done that....but we don't use it :( So we have a zillion wires popping out here and there............ I know you can do it :)

Tussiemussies
1-6-13, 6:59pm
Hi Razz I just talked to my husband about it and he said that the best thing to do is go wireless! He also said it can be done with wires through the basement but that he didn't want to give out any tips since he is not an electrician. :)

Tussiemussies
1-6-13, 7:00pm
P.S. although this information is for a stereo, not a TV...

razz
1-6-13, 7:05pm
Oh, never thought that it could be done with the wirelss approach. I will ask a local audio store about the wireless approach since I can understand that having wires hanging out would be unattractive.

Alan
1-6-13, 8:31pm
I agree wireless is the way to go. When we built our house in '95 I wired the family room for surround sound and every other room for 2 speakers each in the walls, along with Cat 5 cable for network jacks at multiple spots in each room.

It turns out that the surround sound was a bit much for our dog, who whimpered at the low bass floor vibrations so my wife forbade it's use, although we still do occasionally use the multi-room speakers for listening to music. A couple of the network jacks are still in use but a wireless router has replaced the bulk of them.

Wireless is the future.

ToomuchStuff
1-7-13, 12:34am
I agree wireless being the future. (wired up my brothers house for phone, network, surround sound, cable/satellite when he built) When we did my brothers, in part it was because I had kept my eyes out for the wire, and bought it cheap and right, when I could (proper wire for the attic, verses wall wire, etc). Had less then $200 in everything, and his builder's electrician, said it would have been $5k to do what we did, and would we like to go to work for him).
But if the kids are gone, for the most part he does music one of two ways, the old fashioned turn up the volume while wandering around the house (not so much anymore), or play it on his computer when he is working there.
Smaller houses, just turning up the volume works for indoors.

Gregg
1-14-13, 10:11am
Agreed that wireless is the way to go. Very simple to set up and there are lots of options coming to market these days.

razz
1-14-13, 10:39am
Just to update.

I investigated the options and found that the easiest and ultimately least costly was another receiver which is included with the original satellite package with both audio ouput and TV so that is what I did. I bought a small Samsung LED TV so can watch the odd TV programs that I enjoy and keep it on the music choice of the moment the rest of the time. The sound of the TV unit is actually quite good after the installation technician tried the various speaker choices available. I am happy and start my day with the music and end it as well. Having no noisy commercials blasting at me is so amazing and enjoyable. I could never have the diverse collection of music in CD's that I am receiving.