PDA

View Full Version : Converted Airstream I could live in!!

catherine
2-1-13, 8:17am
I love Tumbleweed houses but on the other hand never thought I'd enjoy living in an RV or a trailer.

However...

Check out this Airstream. (http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/7f2qgO/inhabitat.com/vintage-1970s-airstream-trailer-transformed-into-a-mobile-live-work-studio/) I'll take it... love the Magritte also---the perfect touch!

Float On
2-1-13, 10:43am
I like his story.
Airstreams are so crisp ---I'd love one.
The tile choice in kitchen/bath is really nice and adds to the airy feel.

Mrs-M
2-1-13, 11:39am
Totally chic!

P.S. Had to look up, Magritte, LOL! Yes!

goldensmom
2-1-13, 12:26pm
Very nice. Airstreams are so classy and iconic. I keep several lists. One of my lists is entitled “Things That I Want But Will Probably Never Have So Get Over It’ and an Airstream is on that list.

jp1
2-1-13, 10:22pm
Wow! LOVE the bathroom. It's so non-RV. I've always thought the tiny, enclosed RV wet-bathroom was somewhat off-putting and this totally solves that problem.

And thanks for the link to the website! I've just spent the last hour drooling over all the cool trailers and imagining how much fun we'd have with one. It occurs to me that I'm no more immune to marketing than anyone else. It's just that no one's tried to market something to me that I actually wanted. Big mcmansion on househunters? No thank you. Awesomely redone Airstream? Who do I make the check out to?

JaneV2.0
2-1-13, 11:00pm
Wow! LOVE the bathroom. It's so non-RV. I've always thought the tiny, enclosed RV wet-bathroom was somewhat off-putting and this totally solves that problem.

And thanks for the link to the website! I've just spent the last hour drooling over all the cool trailers and imagining how much fun we'd have with one. It occurs to me that I'm no more immune to marketing than anyone else. It's just that no one's tried to market something to me that I actually wanted. Big mcmansion on househunters? No thank you. Awesomely redone Airstream? Who do I make the check out to?

The Airstream is dreamy. I have trouble finding my perfect house, too. What I want is a smallish (circa 1200 sq ft) seriously contemporary 1 1/2 or 2-story house in a very private setting, conveniently located (see the cognitive dissonance?)--maybe in an art colony. Strong preference for water and/or territorial lights view and close-in suburbs. Close-in suburbs=tract houses at various price points=fail.