PDA

View Full Version : Future Home

MamaM
2-2-13, 5:15pm
http://rosschapin.com/Plans/Cottage/BettyCottages/BettyCottages.html

I just showed this to hubby and he AGREED To living in something like this!!! YIPPEEEE!!! So the plan/dream begins. Don't know much else but we have to start somewhere. I am so STINKIN' excited!!!!:laff:

sweetana3
2-2-13, 6:00pm
They actually built a little subdivision something like his here north of Indianapolis. Problem is that they built it just like a subdivision in a subdivision piece of property without much connecting the houses to each other or the surrounding area. It was not walkable. It also ended up being incredibly expensive and suffered in comparison with what could be found all around.

I love them but I also love the pocket neighborhoods and walkable. His plans are so carefully thought out. I just drool over them.

awakenedsoul
2-2-13, 7:24pm
That's beautiful. It reminds me of mine, except mine is all from the 1940's. I'm glad to see someone building small homes like these. They are wonderful. The cottage garden really makes it attractive, too.

JaneV2.0
2-2-13, 7:58pm
I'd like one of these with the attached studio. Thanks for posting!

MamaM
2-2-13, 8:06pm
Yes...I LOVEEEE the garden all around the front..it makes me happy!!!!

Zoebird
2-2-13, 8:17pm
very cute. It would be great if the betty lu (700 sw ft) had a two-bed option, though one might be able to put a bunk in the study (depending upon the size) which would work. And the betty jane has a nice, comfortable lay-out for a 2 bed.

I really like this size -- 480 sq ft (http://www.theplancollection.com/house-plans/home-plan-23591) (same that I'm in now, really, but more efficient). A double bed in each room, with draws underneath for clothing and linens, and a wardrobe for the front room (for coats/shoes/bags/sporting stuff), and we'd be good to go.

JaneV2.0
2-2-13, 8:22pm
I see Ross Chapin has a Facebook page.

MamaM
2-2-13, 8:28pm
Zoebird...look under the plans at the Betty Grable and such..there are 2 bedrooms. : )

Zoebird
2-2-13, 9:22pm
I had a peek. I love looking at house plans. :D

MamaM
2-2-13, 9:25pm
ME TOOO!!!!!! I like when they have actual pics because I can imagine my own stuff in there. I think "Hmm..my couch would nice in the corner, I would have to fold my jeans on that shelf, my pics would look nice there..." LOL

Minz
2-11-13, 1:13pm
MamaM,
I could spend hours looking at small home plans. I especially love the cottage or cabin type homes. Have you been to Houzz.com? You can browse thousands of pics and create your own "ideabook" of your ideal living space. It's totally free and not too many advertisements either. It's tons of fun to do! Below is the link to my ideabook...I have a lot of cottage-type pictures. If you create an ideabook feel free to share with me also.. I love looking at house pics and thank you for sharing the rosschapin.com link.

http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/4525663/thumbs/mindyincolorado-s-ideasi

I'm excited because I'll be putting my 1500 sq foot house on the market next month. I don't even use half of it! My plan is to downsize my house and my finances. I can't wait!! I want less house and more land. I have my eye on this one home that is 400 square feet, but probably 200 feet of outside deck on a half acre with great views. I think people focus so much on the inside of a house they forget that the outside part is your living space as well.