PDA

View Full Version : I'm back.

jasuko
2-20-13, 3:24pm
I'm back after some years away (although I think I signed up here last spring). My old username was sistersue57 and as far as I remember, I was on the old message boards from 2000ish to 2007, maybe? On and off...

I'm a single female in southeastern Michigan. My sons have moved out to go to college and begin their adult lives, and I have a 640 sq ft (not including basement) half-duplex that I bought in 1999. I garden in the front yard because the back yard is too shady and dog-dominated. I grew up in the country, and love the country, but moved to town when I got divorced in 1997 so I would have an easier time raising my boys. (Conveniences, close to schools, etc.) I sew, fix things I can figure out, eat organic whenever possible (vegetarian, gluten-free), promote the arts and music and poetry by helping put on a monthly event in my downtown. I belong to a Facebook group called "The Non-Consumer Advocate" that prompted me to find these message boards again ("looking for like-minded people" discussion on there). I spend a lot of time on Facebook, have met a lot of great people there, but still feel the need for more connection to people who "get" my values and lifestyle. And I'm looking for a fella who gets it - the average man I meet is not familiar with the simplicity/frugality/earthy stuff that is my life, and most don't want to get it. (It's not a sickness!)

So now you know more about me than you probably wanted to! And I'm glad to be back. I hope I can make it a habit to visit here on a regular basis.

Jackie

cdttmm
2-20-13, 3:31pm
Welcome back, Jackie! Looking forward to hearing from you around the forums!

MamaM
2-20-13, 3:31pm
Welcome back!!!

Tussiemussies
2-20-13, 4:32pm
Welcome back!!! :)

rosarugosa
2-22-13, 7:04pm
Welcome Jackie! I like the Non-Consumer Advocate too.

gimmethesimplelife
2-22-13, 9:13pm
Welcome and glad to have you back! Rob