PDA

View Full Version : Make a nice terrarium from old picture frames...

Tussiemussies
2-28-13, 3:59pm
Free instructions:

http://www.countryliving.com/crafts/projects/make-terrarium-0410#slide-1

Lainey
2-28-13, 8:39pm
Great idea. I've been thinking about a simple living type reality type TV show that would demonstrate this kind of stuff. One example is the old suitcases I see all the time at the thrift store, especially the ones without wheels - seems like that material is durable and definitely reusable, but for what?
I'd love to go to a flea market and see this kind of upcycled stuff for sale.

Tussiemussies
2-28-13, 9:08pm
Great idea. I've been thinking about a simple living type reality type TV show that would demonstrate this kind of stuff. One example is the old suitcases I see all the time at the thrift store, especially the ones without wheels - seems like that material is durable and definitely reusable, but for what?
I'd love to go to a flea market and see this kind of upcycled stuff for sale.

Hi Lainey, I've seen those suitcases used for a flower plot. Not sure how they do it though....but they looked really cute.

That would make a great TV show. I'm surprised they don't have that already! :)

Lainey
2-28-13, 9:15pm
Right - like how they make Project Runway contestants run into the fabric store and find everything they need in 30 minutes?
This could work the same way: go into this thrift store and gather everything you want to upcycle into something new. You could combine jewelry into a new piece, you could dye fabric for a bright new t-shirt, you could make-over a purse with new bling, you could take apart old electronics and re-use the wiring for something funky. Lots of creative people out there - maybe even teach some unemployed people some new skills!

Tussiemussies
2-28-13, 9:27pm
Right - like how they make Project Runway contestants run into the fabric store and find everything they need in 30 minutes?
This could work the same way: go into this thrift store and gather everything you want to upcycle into something new. You could combine jewelry into a new piece, you could dye fabric for a bright new t-shirt, you could make-over a purse with new bling, you could take apart old electronics and re-use the wiring for something funky. Lots of creative people out there - maybe even teach some unemployed people some new skills!

I could see you teaching a group with this, you would probably all have such a great time...you have good ideas for repurposing. Maybe even start a blog? :)

PS I loved project runway when I used to watch TV, such a creative show and those contestants really know how to sew....:)