PDA

View Full Version : Guns on Campus

Pages : 1 [2]

Alan
4-23-11, 2:03pm
Well I am in the process of cleaning my gun for church tomorrow. I don't want to have a dirty gun in church. (Those ex military on the boards know what I mean.)

TMI

loosechickens
4-23-11, 2:20pm
"This is my rifle.....this is my gun......" ;-)

LooseChickens, mother of prior service U.S. Marine........

loosechickens
4-23-11, 2:43pm
Not to belabor points about dangers of everybody and his brother carrying guns in this country, and the view that it's never the people with legally registered and permitted guns that are the problem (bolding mine)......talk about the proverbial "almost shot himself in the foot". I guess we can be relieved that some small child or other innocent person wasn't hurt or killed.........

"Just when you thought the sad saga of Quran-burning Florida pastor Terry Jones couldn't get more absurd...

According to Southfield, Michigan police, Jones' .40-caliber handgun fired accidentally as he was leaving a television studio there on Thursday night. This is presumably the same handgun he said he intended to bring to his planned anti-sharia law protest in Dearborn, Michigan on Friday, though he's said he's come to Dearborn "totally in peace."

Police told The Detroit Free Press that Jones was getting into the passenger side of his car at 11:10 p.m. Thursday night, after an interview at the TV station, when the gun went off, putting a bullet into the floorboard.

"Officers heard a gunshot, approached the vehicle, asked Mr. Jones if he was OK," Southfield Police Lt. Nick Loussia said. "He was, and they also observed he had a gun in his hand."

Loussia said both Jones and his driver were carrying valid Florida concealed weapon licenses, and officers determined a crime had not been committed.

Jones is in Michigan to protest in front of, or near, Dearborn's Islamic Center of America, and the community has been wrestling with free speech and public safety issues in anticipation of Jones' actions.

"So, you are coming to protest against an imaginary threat that doesn't exist in our community," Jack O'Reilly Jr., the mayor of Dearborn, wrote to Jones in an open letter."

Spartana
4-23-11, 3:43pm
Well I am in the process of cleaning my gun for church tomorrow. I don't want to have a dirty gun in church. (Those ex military on the boards know what I mean.)

Oh shucks, I have no gun to clean ;-)!
Well I'll be the woman in the pretty pink dress, frilly easter bonnet, and the Rugar .357 magnum strapped to her hip :-)! Or maybe I'll wear the Dan Wesson .44 mag. I think that goes best with pink? Now if I still had my M-16 I wonder what easter outfit I could find to go with that :-)!

Mrs-M
4-23-11, 4:51pm
Originally posted by H-work.
As soon as Mr. Fickes got out of his vehicle with his handgun out, in clearly a non-self defensive position, he was breaking the law.That was my very first thought when I read the story. I don't want to come across as being uncaring or anything because what happened is a tragedy, but I can't help but wonder if the outcome was for the better.

Gregg
4-25-11, 9:10am
Oh shucks, I have no gun to clean ;-)!
Well I'll be the woman in the pretty pink dress, frilly easter bonnet, and the Rugar .357 magnum strapped to her hip :-)! Or maybe I'll wear the Dan Wesson .44 mag. I think that goes best with pink? Now if I still had my M-16 I wonder what easter outfit I could find to go with that :-)!

Can you conceal a M-16 in a dress? (Rhetorical question.) Either way, something with a large bonnet would be smashing. With frugality in mind you could change out the hat band to accessorize for the royal wedding and again for the Derby, although Westminster Abbey might have a check-at-the-door policy.

Spartana
4-26-11, 10:51am
Can you conceal a M-16 in a dress? (Rhetorical question.) Either way, something with a large bonnet would be smashing. With frugality in mind you could change out the hat band to accessorize for the royal wedding and again for the Derby, although Westminster Abbey might have a check-at-the-door policy.

:laff::D:devil: