PDA

View Full Version : House of cards on Netflix

Simplemind
3-5-13, 3:35pm
Have any of you been watching the American version with Kevin Spacey recently put out by Netflix? We really got into it and were watching 2-3 episodes an evening. Now I'm hooked and can't wait for season two. I loved that they put it out all at once.

treehugger
3-5-13, 3:42pm
DH and I are watching it, but haven't finished it yet. We both are really enjoying it. Good writing, interesting characters. Quite a talented producing and acting team. DH also saw the original House of Cards and liked it.

Kara

Simplemind
3-5-13, 3:44pm
I've always liked Kevin Spacey but I have been blown away by Robin Wright. What a pair!

Alan
3-5-13, 3:54pm
We watched the entire 13 episodes over a three day period and are anxiously awaiting the second season.

treehugger
3-5-13, 3:56pm
I agree. Their relationship is a pretty unique one on TV and it's fascinating to try to figure out what makes them tick.

One other thing I really like about the the show is that they don't explain too much; they rely on the intelligence of the audience to figure stuff out and keep up. I certainly understand the need for exposition in most TV shows, but it's boring and annoying if not properly handled. Maybe because they developed the episodes to be released all at once, they had more freedom to just assume we would "get it" without being spoonfed.

Kara

KayLR
3-5-13, 5:40pm
I've never heard of it, but as a Kevin Spacey mega-fan, I may have to go look it up!

Float On
3-5-13, 7:56pm
II just watched the first eposide the other night. I generally hate it when a character breaks the 4th wall, but with Kevin Spacey...he can break that 4th wall anytime.

IshbelRobertson
3-6-13, 3:47am
I remember the UK original and loved it!

redfox
3-31-13, 3:30am
We watched the entire 13 episodes over a three day period and are anxiously awaiting the second season.

I'm jealous! My DH & I are ridiculously addicted. Holding it to two episodes at a time is almost painful.