PDA

View Full Version : Moving our 20 x 30 woodframe house

BayouGirl
3-8-13, 1:31am
Here is a link to my photo album with pictures of our little house as BayouBoy was moving it. We bought this adorable 600 sq ft wood frame house for $4500. It has 2 bedrooms, one bath, a living room, a kitchen and a tiny bathroom with a tub. The house had to be moved which is why it was so cheap. It is an absolutely wonderful house with the exception of having no closets. We will definitely be adding on a master suite with closet space and bathroom that has a big old tub for me to soak in.

http://www.simplelivingforum.net/album.php?albumid=110

Jilly
3-8-13, 1:42am
Oh, I want one, too!

iris lily
3-8-13, 1:49am
Here is a link to my photo album with pictures of our little house as BayouBoy was moving it. We bought this adorable 600 sq ft wood frame house for $4500. It has 2 bedrooms, one bath, a living room, a kitchen and a tiny bathroom with a tub. The house had to be moved which is why it was so cheap. It is an absolutely wonderful house with the exception of having no closets. We will definitely be adding on a master suite with closet space and bathroom that has a big old tub for me to soak in.

http://www.simplelivingforum.net/album.php?albumid=110

That is great, i love it! cute cute little housie

BayouGirl
3-8-13, 2:22am
I just love our little miracle house. It is just what I prayed for and dreamed of!! To me it is so amazing that we have a mortgage free house. BayouBoy's parents gave each of their children part of their big property/land. So we live on property from his parents who are also our closest neighbors (about a half mile away). We have about 20 acres which is ours but are surrounded by hundreds of acres of wilderness and family property.

We are not rich, we live a simple life. BayouBoy makes hay, raises cattle, works with friends rounding up cattle, hunts gators, harvest pecans and other seasonal things. I make money caring for my gram and writing online doing freelance rewrites for someone and do seasonal things with him as well. I think he is trying to get me to learn how to milk a cow like our friend's wife does. She brings us gallons and gallons of fresh milk that is so rich with cream. She also gave us about 100 oranges from her trees so I have been busy making fresh squeezed orange juice for BB. I already made him a half gallon tonight and there are LOTS of oranges left. After that, his mom has bunches of lemons she grew that I need to squeeze and freeze to put in BB ice tea cuz he drinks about a gallon a day! We really need to invest in some orange, lemon and pecan trees.

CathyA
3-8-13, 6:50am
Sounds like a good life BayouGirl!
Such a deal on that house. It looks like its in great condition.
Congrats!

MamaM
3-8-13, 8:40am
Oh my gosh I love this!!! This is my dream. Have fun!!! : )

Kat
3-8-13, 8:53am
Sounds like the kind of life I have been dreaming of! :) So happy for you, BayouGirl.

Mrs-M
3-8-13, 12:42pm
Oh wow! Love the pictures!!! Love the sweet home!

Float On
3-8-13, 1:26pm
Nice!!

KayLR
3-8-13, 3:51pm
Very nice! Congratulations!

happystuff
3-8-13, 4:01pm
I'm jealous!!!! Congratulations!

Tussiemussies
3-8-13, 5:46pm
What a feat and Bayou boy did this all by himself. Boy he must be really strong!!! Glad it all worked out for you at such a low price!

rosarugosa
3-10-13, 4:39pm
Thanks for sharing BG, and welcome back to the forum (haven't seen you around much lately). Those are great pictures!

catherine
3-10-13, 4:48pm
Adorable! Is there going to be a front porch under the overhanging eave?

You are so smart! What cool decisions you've made.

Gardenarian
3-11-13, 4:00pm
Now that is self-sufficiency!

BayouGirl
3-11-13, 4:56pm
Thanks everyone for your replies! I truly love our little house. We plan on adding a porch and I have suggested to BayouBoy that we knock out the two side by side windows and bump that space out a bit, like a bay window and build a little windowed nook with window seats (with storage underneath) where we can push the table in when not in use and pull out when we have company over. BayouBoy likes my idea a lot!

We also plan on building a small mud room with a shower and place for our washing machine and dryer.

My only complaint about our lil house is that it has no closets! So eventually we will add on a walk in closet with a private bathroom for me with a garden tub.

I also have a little 200 sq ft wood frame house (I call it my playhouse) that I bought for $1200 which I lived in by myself quite cozily a few years ago. Now I use it to store my out of season clothes and also use it as a guest house. My son and his girlfriend will stay in it when they come to town for our wedding. I have outfitted the little kitchen in it with adorable petite sized cookware and creative space saving items.

So we have lots of projects on the horizon but I doubt we will start any of them soon.

Tussiemussies
3-11-13, 5:15pm
Thanks everyone for your replies! I truly love our little house. We plan on adding a porch and I have suggested to BayouBoy that we knock out the two side by side windows and bump that space out a bit, like a bay window and build a little windowed nook with window seats (with storage underneath) where we can push the table in when not in use and pull out when we have company over. BayouBoy likes my idea a lot!

We also plan on building a small mud room with a shower and place for our washing machine and dryer.

My only complaint about our lil house is that it has no closets! So eventually we will add on a walk in closet with a private bathroom for me with a garden tub.

I also have a little 200 sq ft wood frame house (I call it my playhouse) that I bought for $1200 which I lived in by myself quite cozily a few years ago. Now I use it to store my out of season clothes and also use it as a guest house. My son and his girlfriend will stay in it when they come to town for our wedding. I have outfitted the little kitchen in it with adorable petite sized cookware and creative space saving items.

So we have lots of projects on the horizon but I doubt we will start any of them soon.

Your plans sound so perfect for your house! :)

CathyA
3-11-13, 7:20pm
I guess you could go retro and look for some wardrobes in the meantime, for your closets.

BayouGirl
3-12-13, 11:27pm
I guess you could go retro and look for some wardrobes in the meantime, for your closets.

Oh my yes! I love those old wardrobe and cedar-robes!! we also need quite a few bookcases cuz I am one book loving girl and BayouBoy has an extensive collection of hunting, farming and sporting magazines.