PDA

View Full Version : El Camino

mattj
2-22-11, 12:45pm
I want to and have always wanted to lower and slam an El Camino. I've seen the custom bikes some of "those guys" make too and am tempted to give it a try. I'm not sure why this compels me. It just does.

Float On
2-22-11, 1:07pm
I'm partial to old Ranchero trucks (El Caminos came out 2 years later based on the popularity of the Ranchero). My dad and I shared 3 of them when I was in high school, he always had one on the farm from the time I was little. Dad and I talk all the time about how we shouldn't of sold those. I'm on the lookout for one to restore (pre '65) with my boys and my dad - but it's gotta have the '3 in the tree'.

***yes, I'm a girl who enjoys hanging out under the hood of old cars/trucks.

mattj
2-22-11, 2:20pm
Too bad you don't live closer! You could probably teach me a few things.

mattj
2-22-11, 2:21pm
I checked craigslist and can get a project car for like $600. I'm getting excited!

reader99
2-22-11, 4:02pm
I have recently learned that 'el camino' means 'the journey' in Spanish. Not sure what that has to do with anything, but there it is....

Bastelmutti
2-22-11, 4:09pm
Go for it!

bow-tie
5-28-11, 10:37pm
I want to and have always wanted to lower and slam an El Camino...

We were at a show & shine on Friday night, and saw a big block '67 Super Sport El Camino. Black on black, four speed, dropped spindles with black ralley wheels. Totally. Awesome.

Get after it!

Bronxboy
5-29-11, 7:18pm
There's a 1980 or so El Camino for sale in a front yard about a half mile from my house in Maryland. Second one I've seen in a month, and this is not a good area at all for domestic muscle cars.

Selah
6-8-11, 8:33am
I've always believed the El Camino is the car version of the mullet...half business, half party! :) Go for it!

Poco Pelo
6-8-11, 9:07am
I have recently learned that 'el camino' means 'the journey' in Spanish. Not sure what that has to do with anything, but there it is....
El Journada is the journey. El camino is path or road
and while i'm at it:moon:
No Va is no go, those didn't sell well in spanish speaking countries