PDA

View Full Version : Your "3" all-time favourite good old home-cooking smells.

Mrs-M
2-22-11, 6:18pm
I just happen to have on a large pot of stew today (for supper) and the house smells heavenly, so the idea to start this fun and comforting thread to help warm everyone up seeing how winter is still here came to mind.

What are your "3" favourite home-cooked meal (goodness) smells? Here are my three.

Beef stew.
Beef/pork roast w/mashed potatoes, carrots, and gravy.
Cabbage rolls with garlic tomato sauce.

libby
2-22-11, 10:57pm
-Lasagne
-Cabbage Rolls
-Roast Beef with all the trimmimgs

iris lily
2-23-11, 12:43am
onions

bread

any sweet baked goods

oh I see the thread is suppsed to be about meals. Well then, tonight I came home from working late and DH had prepared "goulash" but really just habruger/macaroni and tomatoe sauce. We midwesterners call this goulash.

Rosemary
2-23-11, 4:05am
Bread and anything with cinnamon is what came to my mind, too!
But for meals -
roast chicken
anything with chipotle pepper in it (I cook beans this way often, for soup or use in other meals)
roasted sweet potatoes

Wildflower
2-23-11, 4:10am
Definitely a roast beef dinner.
Cheesy potato and ham casserole smells wonderful while baking.
I love the smell of spicy chili simmering on the stovetop.

IshbelRobertson
2-23-11, 6:13am
The smell of home baked scones, knowing that there is plenty of home-made jam in the pantry and cream in the fridge!

Roast beef, Yorkshire pudding and all the trimmings after coming home from a walk, via a quick drink in the pub!

A pot of Scotch broth, simmering on the hob, on a cold day.

Mrs-M
2-23-11, 10:52am
It's been blowing and snowing here since late yesterday afternoon. Blizzard/whiteout conditions- and cold, and as I read through everyone's entries I lost myself for a moment or two, living within the wonderful postings you all created.

maribeth
2-23-11, 1:49pm
Coffee
Roast chicken
Bacon!

Kathy WI
2-23-11, 2:37pm
Thanksgiving dinner
Other people's outdoor grills with hamburgers and bratwurst
Chili

Mrs-M
2-23-11, 2:59pm
Hi Maribeth and Kathy WI. Wonderful entries. :) In the summer months when I'm out watering I'll often pickup the aroma of food being grilled on someone's barbecue and ooh-wee! Love that smell. Never fails to make me instantly hungry.