PDA

View Full Version : The Bletchley Circle (PBS)

Tradd
4-23-13, 10:54pm
I just found this show via the PBS website this evening. I was going to watch last night's episode of Call the Midwife and saw the notice for The Bletchley Circle on the main page. There are three episodes.

http://www.pbs.org/program/bletchley-circle/

If the main actress seems familiar, she was the lead in South Riding, also on PBS, two years ago.

The basis is a group of women who worked as World War II British code-breakers now working on catching a serial killer who is targeting women in London in 1952. I loved the period setting, the clothes, sets, etc.

early morning
4-24-13, 12:50am
We really enjoyed the first episode and are looking forward to more! The overall period feeling was very good. (DD says she will watch anything BBC and be happy, lol)

iris lily
4-24-13, 7:34am
I watched it on Sunday, pretty good!

treehugger
4-24-13, 12:12pm
Thanks for mentioning this. I just added it to my Netflix queue. I really loved the first season of Call the Midwife; looking forward to more. South Riding was already in my queue, although I don't remember putting it there. Sometimes I think the ability to build a queue is the best Netflix feature. I can add stuff whenever I hear of something, and sometime later (sometimes years even), without me ever having to give it another shot, it shows up at my house, or in my instant queue. Love it!

Kara

Lainey
4-26-13, 12:42am
Tradd,
I was going to mention this too and you beat me to it. Loved the first episode. I'm almost sorry it's only going to be 3 episodes - maybe if we can spread the word and it gets great ratings then they'll change their mind and make more?!

Tradd
4-26-13, 12:55am
Tradd,
I was going to mention this too and you beat me to it. Loved the first episode. I'm almost sorry it's only going to be 3 episodes - maybe if we can spread the word and it gets great ratings then they'll change their mind and make more?!

Agreed! I posted it to my FB page, and found out that the folks who I thought would like it had already watched it!

pony mom
4-26-13, 12:27pm
I love a good mystery, especially a British one. I like how each of the girls had a specialized skill that they need.

Simplemind
4-27-13, 12:08pm
I just loved it. Part of it was the thrill of seeing a character that observes patterns. I have done that ever since I was a kid. I see pattern in everything so it was great fun watching her do it. Maybe I could be a spy :0)

goldensmom
5-1-13, 10:25pm
Stopped by PBS while channel surfing and this was on. The time period caught my attention and I intended to watch only a few minutes but ended up watching the entire episode. I'm hooked.