PDA

View Full Version : Back again! I want to reintroduce myself as Sylvia!

sylvia
5-13-13, 10:54am
I started my journey living simply 7 years ago. First big thread I posted was" living without television."I immensely enjoyed learning from others simple living, frugality. Trust me shifting to living simply took alot of effort and processing at first. First year was rough since I was forced to cut down on everything due to finances. Yet at first I was angry, then a little more satisfied. Today I am thankful for that time that set me on a wonderful well earned path. I am working now part time, with many bills to pay. But it doesn't matter anymore, inner joy and simplicity is the greatest reward for me.I am glad we have this forum to share our thoughts since we are a breed apart from many. It's a state of mind when others live so mindlessly. I am not judging but I try to live by example and it seems many are not seeing it. Well as long as we can plant a seed in someone's minds and get them thinking and asking us why we do it?!
My goal is to sell my extra things and pay off debts. To stop generating anymore debt and save more. To eat less meat and be more active. To explain to my kids that we are not poor, just frugal.To get my husband to be more frugal and not feel so poor.I simply feel rich in experience and look forward to being financially independent very soon.I am very glad to be back!:cool::cool::cool::cool:

SteveinMN
5-13-13, 12:12pm
Welcome (back), Sylvia!

fidgiegirl
5-13-13, 5:51pm
Hi Sylvia!

catherine
5-13-13, 5:54pm
But it doesn't matter anymore, inner joy and simplicity is the greatest reward for me.

Amen! Welcome back, sylvia!

Tussiemussies
5-13-13, 10:10pm
Welcome back Sylvia! I always enjoyed your posts! Glad to hear from you again...

iris lilies
5-13-13, 11:30pm
great goals you've got there, OP. Welcome!

Selah
5-14-13, 9:39am
Shalom, Sylvia! :)

Float On
5-14-13, 10:06am
Welcome home!

sylvia
5-14-13, 11:11am
Shalom! And good to be back thank you for the welcome!This indeed is my favorite place !