PDA

View Full Version : trying hard to care about a possible job

Zoe Girl
5-15-13, 1:48pm
There is a new job in our department available, it would pay more, it would be something I like. And I am between anxiety and simply not caring at all. I have many many stresses going on right now, I could use some support from the department, but I am so afraid I will miss the chance because my son is sick and I have the bankruptcy and issues with asking my daughter to leave again.

I am thinking about calling one person I know who is part of these decisions and just telling her that i am applying this week , not the whole long list of what is happening. Very unlikely I will mention anything but at most the illness that has caused me to take time off work. I know I very much need this chance, and I cannot think straight with exhaustion right now.

rodeosweetheart
5-15-13, 2:44pm
I like your idea about calling one person and telling her you are applying, without any details of what you are going through right now, not even the illness--just apply and then forget about it, would be my approach. It cannot hurt to apply!

Zoe Girl
5-15-13, 2:51pm
Thanks rodeo, I did leave her a message. I also called the person who runs our health disparities grant that covers 5 schools, so she coordinates with 5 of us, and asked her for a letter. She has given me feedback that she tells everyone how great I am. She should get that to me this week.

I am a little more energized to try, I went to the park and meditated for 30 minutes today.

rodeosweetheart
5-15-13, 3:07pm
Fingers crossed, sending good wishes your way

chrisgermany
5-16-13, 8:52am
Good wishes are on their way to you!

Zoe Girl
5-16-13, 2:39pm
Okay printed the job description. It asks for Spanish but does not require it. So I am going to say I am planning on serious Spanish study over the summer (which I will do) and then put everything else down that makes me look amazing!@