PDA

View Full Version : June Frugals

fidgiegirl
6-2-13, 10:54pm
I get to start them! I can't believe it! This has only happened once before! :) AND it's already June 2!

Today was a whirlwind. It was one of those glorious Minnesota days that make all the long winters and boiling summers worth it to live here. And we took full advantage! We walked up to Grand Old Day parade and splurged on fresh cut fries, $5 for the two of us to share (and we should have gotten the small, but they were yum anyway). Then we gardened our hearts out. We successfully mowed the slope with our existing mower, even though it was difficult. We'd been contemplating a new one that we could attach to a rope, and we still might do that. But for now it's done. Then we went to the rental and finished up all the projects from last weekend, using up all the materials we'd purchased previously. We had EXACTLY enough block for the edges we did and a bit of sand left over, and the neighbors gave us some day lilies that I will give to my mom. This evening we planted plants in our own yard that I scored at the plant sale a few weeks ago. Bryce did some boat stuff that he learned on YouTube. The doggies got their walks, though by the time the evening walk came around DH and I were dragging! We need a weekend to recover from the weekend!! LOL!

Tussiemussies
6-2-13, 11:11pm
Kelli, sounds like a perfect day to me! We also have a big backyard slope and are thing of building a ground cover on it so we won't have to mow that part as it seems dangerous. We are looking for some pretty but invasive -- we will edge in deep enough from growing into the neighbors property. Lily-of-th-valley is one option so far.

Can you explain in further detail how you would use a rope with your lawn mower?

Thank you...Chris