PDA

View Full Version : How to make a nice dress in 20 minutes

Tussiemussies
6-16-13, 4:04am
Really nice dress you could use as a beach cover-up or lengthen it to wear as a dress:

http://www.motherearthnews.com/diy/how-to-make-a-dress-zb0z1306zhla.aspx#axzz2WMdvB0cH

happystuff
6-17-13, 4:44pm
Very cool. I may to try this down the road. Thanks!

razz
6-17-13, 5:34pm
I had to go to the enlarged image to figure out when to tie the front and back together. The stripes were a little confusing at first.
Cute design.

Zoebird
6-21-13, 7:01am
This is cool. I showed it to my fellow yoga teachers at the studio, and we are thinking of using this to make our "uniform." I've been trying ot think of a uniform shirt for us (since we are not only working "in house" but "on site") but couldn't find shirts that I liked. And, i prefer to wear a dress over my yoga tank/tights anyway, and hte other girls are following suit. :)

We're going to make a special trip to a fabric shop up the way, and see if we can find some awesome stuff. We're thinking a merino one for winter, and then a cotton or silk one for summer, and then getting some embroidery or screen printing done to personalize them. :) sweet, right? :)

redfox
6-21-13, 10:22am
Silk is a PITA to wash...

chanterelle
6-21-13, 11:29am
Silk is a PITA to wash...

Not at all....I wash commercial yardage, my own handwoven yardage, and all constructed garments in the washer on gentle cycle then I toss them in the drier....usually on regular cycle.
I use mild shamppo or Eucalan as a cleaning agent but do not use softener.

Tussiemussies
6-21-13, 9:07pm
This is cool. I showed it to my fellow yoga teachers at the studio, and we are thinking of using this to make our "uniform." I've been trying ot think of a uniform shirt for us (since we are not only working "in house" but "on site") but couldn't find shirts that I liked. And, i prefer to wear a dress over my yoga tank/tights anyway, and hte other girls are following suit. :)

We're going to make a special trip to a fabric shop up the way, and see if we can find some awesome stuff. We're thinking a merino one for winter, and then a cotton or silk one for summer, and then getting some embroidery or screen printing done to personalize them. :) sweet, right? :)

Hi Zoebird, that is so great that you will use this dress for your yoga class. It does look very comfortable and looks like you would be able to move your legs around easily enough. Arms-- no problem. Sounds nice to me to wear over your tank and tights. A nice flowing material sounds even more comfortable.

I'm glad that you will be able to use the dress! Please post a picture when you have one made!!! Chris. :)