PDA

View Full Version : 17 "Polka-Dot " crochet afghans

Tussiemussies
7-11-13, 3:57am
Some look really cute, not actually dots but you'll see...

http://www.allfreecrochetafghanpatterns.com/Patterned-Afghans/Polka-Dot-Patterns-for-Crochet-Afghans

Jilly
7-14-13, 7:08pm
How did I miss this one????? Maybe it was because I was out of town most of last week.

I especially love the blackberry salad one. I wish I could do those bubbles or popcorn or whatever they are called. I might have to consult the fiber club gurus.

The Twister baby blanket is cool enough to make for an older child, especially if you used the colours from the game.

I love that site. Thanks.

Tussiemussies
7-14-13, 7:39pm
How did I miss this one????? Maybe it was because I was out of town most of last week.

I especially love the blackberry salad one. I wish I could do those bubbles or popcorn or whatever they are called. I might have to consult the fiber club gurus.

The Twister baby blanket is cool enough to make for an older child, especially if you used the colours from the game.

I love that site. Thanks.

I love both of these blankets. I would love to be able to do that popcorn stitch! Well I have to find all of my crochet materials!

happystuff
7-22-13, 9:06pm
Popcorn stitch is easy. 5 double crochet in same stitch, drop loop from 5th double crochet from hook, insert hook in top of the first double crochet of the group and then pick up the dropped loop of the 5th double crochet. Yarn over and pull through both the loop and the first dc, chain 1.

Variation: some people modify the last step: Don't yarn over, but instead pull the loop from the 5th double crochet thru the first double crochet, chain 1.

Hopefully that all made sense - lol. A google search may actually get you a site with pictures of the stitch which would probably be way better than my description - lol.

Tussiemussies
7-23-13, 12:32pm
Thanks happy stuff for going into detail about the stitch, but I have to see it done before I can do it.... Thanks though! :)