PDA

View Full Version : Free summer concerts

pony mom
7-15-13, 8:59pm
This is the time of year when there are free summer concerts in places all over the country, so I thought it would be fun to recommend shows that may be coming to your town.

Last night I saw Louis Prima Jr. and his band The Witnesses----fantastic! Played a lot of his dad's hits, a few of his own, and snippets of rock classics that featured his many talented band members. My mom totally enjoyed it, along with the many Italan-Americans in the crowd. Great entertainment.

Another band, The Wyos, was a fun show. They do tin pan alley type songs; one band member plays a washboard with horns and bells attached.

Last year I saw a band called Diego's Umbrella that was amazing as well. They're from CA, so they may be known more on the west coast. They put on a great show.

How lucky to have so many small, sort of unknown bands come to our towns to entertain us. Anyone else with recommendations? I'm thinking that since these bands travel throughout the summer, we'll be giving a heads-up to good shows to members here.

My next show is The B Street Band, the Springsteen tribute band.