PDA

View Full Version : 1st day of my break and I feel good about organizing

Zoe Girl
7-16-13, 1:55am
Whew, I have off until Aug. 1st and a huge list of what I want to deep clean/organize around here. Today I got a solid start and did the drawers and one of the cabinets in my kitchen. I got shelf liner to make it look nicer, a silverware sorter and a new spoon rest for the stove. I feel so good about it. I will do the spice cabinet in that room and not much else, the food cupboards are fine.

I have 2 bathrooms and both need a paint job. I either need to take down or add some artwork to both bathrooms. I was going to go through my photos on CD's and see if there are prints I want to have done a little larger for the walls. Of course continual decluttering is essential to all this. I have dropped one load at goodwill today, more to come.

Let's see what I can do in 16 days!

Rosemary
7-16-13, 6:24am
Good luck on your project. I always do organizing in a winter burst of activity, since it's too cold to do anything outside then. But doing it all in a big burst works well for me.

Zoe Girl
7-17-13, 10:15pm
We have a spice rack installed in the kitchen! Woot! It looks great and freed up kitchen space. I got the bathrooms cleaned and decluttered for painting and then had a set back. My ex gave me a check and I am glad I went to his bank with it because it would not clear. If it does not clear tomorrow I will borrow a little from savings to buy paint, should be under $30 and tomorrow is the best day to do it. I have all children and friends of children going away for 4 hours so that I can deep clean some areas, it is just too hard in such a small house (although they are helpful).

rodeosweetheart
7-18-13, 7:19am
The spice rack is a great idea. What kind is it--did you get it at a store or online? I think we need one, but it would have to hold a lot of spice--did it come with the bottles?