PDA

View Full Version : Willl you please stop talking? Please

frugalone
7-17-13, 1:05pm
Just an open rant (I can't find the thread for rants).

To a certain someone: Please, please, PLEASE shut up about the frigging heat. We all know it is 90 degrees outside. We know you don't have an air conditioner (while you can well afford one, you're afraid to put one in your window in case someone removes it and breaks into your house--YOU are the one who chooses to live in a questionable neighborhood). We know it's air conditioned in here and feels a lot better. So why don't you just make a sandwich, bring it and eat here???

And I do NOT want to hear again about how you had to empty the dehumidifying pan on your portable air conditioner unit!!!

Gregg
7-17-13, 1:17pm
Heat makes everyone a little crazy.

Rogar
7-17-13, 1:38pm
I like winter.

frugalone
7-17-13, 1:38pm
I do believe you are correct, Gregg. But this person is a blabbermouth every day of the year, I'm afraid...
:help:

frugalone
7-17-13, 1:47pm
I'm an autumn gal, myself.

I like winter.

IshbelRobertson
7-17-13, 1:50pm
And here we are in the UK with an official 'heatwave'.....

I absolutely HATE our hot, humid heatwave! As a very fair skinned, blondish-red head? Horrid!

Zoe Girl
7-17-13, 1:52pm
oh dear, I know that person. It is the same one who likely tells you how cold it is in the winter.

I finally got a portable AC unit and I live in 1950's house with strange windows that will not accomodate a window unit between style and the bars installed outside. Last year I had a swamp cooler and it did okay but I LOVE this AC unit, purchased used for $50. Ahh, honestly I have a difficult house to cool down, last summer it was above 80 degrees inside past 10 pm, but ya know I was able to do something.

But then again some people just can't stop talking! I wonder what they want from it.

SvenV
7-17-13, 1:55pm
I prefer heat and warm then to have cold and being freeze :) So yes I love summer!

SteveinMN
7-17-13, 2:59pm
I can't believe you don't shut up (http://richmolnar.com/Sounds/Apu%20-%20Shut%20Up.wav) (sound file, SFW)

redfox
7-17-13, 3:34pm
I can't believe you don't shut up (http://richmolnar.com/Sounds/Apu%20-%20Shut%20Up.wav) (sound file, SFW)

LOL!!!! Stealing now...

Float On
7-17-13, 3:45pm
We still laugh about a guy my dad worked with - granted it was the year that had the hottest summer on record along with the coldest winter on record - every single day it was "Damn, it's hot, it's hotter than it was yesterday" or "Damn, it's cold, it's colder than it was yesterday". Said with that Missouri toothless 80 year old twang sort of voice.

goldensmom
7-17-13, 3:58pm
[QUOTE=frugalone;148914] Please, please, PLEASE shut up about the frigging heat. We all know it is 90 degrees outside./QUOTE]

That would be my husband. It is 99 today with 95% humidity but so what, nothing I can do about it. To be fair, he does work out in the heat but giving a weather report every few minutes does not change the weather. I tell him to work slow, drink plenty of water and come home if it gets too much for him. When he comes home from work I make sure the A/C is on and expect him to relax and take a long nap before dinner.

frugalone
7-17-13, 4:16pm
You got it! Every day in March, he said, "I don't know about you, but I'm ready for spring." ARGH!

oh dear, I know that person. It is the same one who likely tells you how cold it is in the winter.

I finally got a portable AC unit and I live in 1950's house with strange windows that will not accomodate a window unit between style and the bars installed outside. Last year I had a swamp cooler and it did okay but I LOVE this AC unit, purchased used for $50. Ahh, honestly I have a difficult house to cool down, last summer it was above 80 degrees inside past 10 pm, but ya know I was able to do something.

But then again some people just can't stop talking! I wonder what they want from it.

frugalone
7-17-13, 4:18pm
I'll admit I do my share of b*tching about the heat...at home where the only AC unit is in the bedroom and the kitchen gets to be 90 on a day like today. But jeez...at work it's very comfortable. I don't come in here and talk about how hot my house is!

It is hard to imagine what he wants other than attention.

CathyA
7-17-13, 4:29pm
Boy, I must have missed it all...........

frugalone
7-17-13, 4:32pm
And while we're on the rant-mobile: Thank you so much, kind coworker, who leaves all the DVDs for me to shelve after you're gone. And I know you're not busy. You were on Etsy all afternoon.

fidgiegirl
7-17-13, 5:16pm
Steve! Tee hee!!

mnmlz
7-18-13, 12:09pm
When I first started reading your thread I thought we must know the same person. I have a "friend" on facebook that posts daily about how horribly hot it is where she lives. She posts links to the weather forecast, pictures of frying eggs on sidewalks, oven mitts for hot steering wheels and complains non-stop about the heat. She does have air conditioning! She is living in a state she does not want to be in so I think that make her situation seem worse. I do sometimes talk about the heat because I do not have air conditioning and it is frequently over 100 INSIDE MY HOUSE....but it is a choice and I do not want to bore my friends with it so I rarely mention it.

It reminds me years ago, when a friend of mine and our kids made a decision to not say one negative thing about the heat for the whole summer. We lived in Texas and it was hot and humid and we took the kids out and about it in it almost daily.....but you know what? That was the coolest summer we ever had. No, not because it was physically cooler but not complaining about it made it seem cooler. I will never forget that!

Spartana
7-18-13, 1:52pm
Ha ha I thought you were talking about me as I hate hot weather. But I'm on the coast where it rarely gets over 75 even on the hottest days in summer. But I do complain (whine loudly:-) ) when I'm somewhere hot. Guess we shouldn't blame people in the northeast since the only place they can go to find cooler weather right now is Southern Florida :-)

CathyA
7-18-13, 2:01pm
Oh......I was thinking the OP was talking about someone here............but it probably was elsewhere.

reader99
7-19-13, 9:36am
Just an open rant (I can't find the thread for rants).

To a certain someone: Please, please, PLEASE shut up about the frigging heat. We all know it is 90 degrees outside. We know you don't have an air conditioner (while you can well afford one, you're afraid to put one in your window in case someone removes it and breaks into your house--YOU are the one who chooses to live in a questionable neighborhood). We know it's air conditioned in here and feels a lot better. So why don't you just make a sandwich, bring it and eat here???

And I do NOT want to hear again about how you had to empty the dehumidifying pan on your portable air conditioner unit!!!

Though I'm spared the daily repitition of workplace complaining I do know people who tell me the same thing a lot. Lately as soon as I recognize the theme I say brightly and interestedly, Yes, I remember you telling me about that. Sometimes they will go into it deeper which can be interesting. Other times they veer off to another subject.

Rogar
7-19-13, 12:22pm
Where I live it can be pretty cold in the winter and pretty hot in the summer. I'm sure there are worse places, but some people complain. Probably one of the better conversations about weather that I'd had was a casual discussion with a stranger who had just moved here from San Diego. He said how thankful he was for the changes of season and how tired he got of the weather being the same day after day.