PDA

View Full Version : Gurney's catalog & offer

debi
3-1-11, 3:08pm
I received Gurney's catalog and on the cover is a $25 off certificate. It states on the certificate that if you spend under $25, your order is free:laff: I ordered one order (1 order = 25 plants) of strawberries, some seeds and the shipping which all came to under the $25:cool: Have any others done their ordering like this?

KayLR
3-1-11, 3:42pm
Wow, I wonder if that is a typo, or just a genius PR strategy.

Gina
3-1-11, 4:35pm
My 2011 Gurney's catalog says 'get $25 free' .... 'when you buy $25 or more of additional products at the catalog price'

I'm in SoCal, and the offer expired 2/9/11. I did not place an order.

puglogic
3-3-11, 11:19pm
Yes, I used that same coupon offer last year to buy some gardening supplies. They came 8 months and numerous followup phone calls later. Looking online, there are a lot of complaints about Gurney's, and now I see why: http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/184/
I hope your order arrives in a timely manner, and alive! :)

Rosemary
3-4-11, 8:26am
I got an email from Gurney's today, everything 50% off through 3/6.

debi
3-16-11, 10:59am
My partial order came in so far. The actual plants have not, but then we still have snow on the ground. I'll let you know if I do have problems.

puglogic
3-16-11, 4:36pm
I hope you don't have problems, debi. I don't like to tote around the baggage of feeling bad about a company -- I'd like to think well of them! :)

Jemima
4-8-11, 12:28pm
I had a bad experience with Gurney's several years ago. I ordered two blueberry bushes because it said in their catalog copy that two plants were necessary for cross-pollination. They sent one and a refund for the other, and did not respond to my letter asking them to send either another plant or a refund for both. The "bush" I did receive was more like a dry twig and it died.

This year I ordered two blueberry bushes from Henry Field's and was startled to receive big healthy plants with buds, both very well packaged. Ditto for the lilac bush and rhubarb rhizomes. What a contrast! They also have a $25 coupon offer every spring and I intend to continue dealing with them. :)

Jemima
4-9-11, 7:33pm
If anyone is interested, Henry Fields currently has another $25 coupon offer on right now: http://henryfields.com/Default.asp?bhcd2=1269095588 . I highly recommend them.

debi
4-12-11, 2:35pm
I just received an email today that my strawberry plants are being shipped. I'll keep you posted on what happens and if they look alive.

debi
5-2-11, 4:03pm
I mentioned that I would let you know if I received the strawberry plants. All are doing well and have green growth!!!

puglogic
5-3-11, 8:39pm
Excellent!