PDA

View Full Version : Every day a little bit more closer to the home stretch

Caelidh
7-23-13, 4:08pm
Hi
I am sort of new here... but signed up a long time ago.
I have been in a very very very long process, something that has taken me longer than I imagined and I guess I feel a bit alone and overwhelmed.

I bought a house for me and my bf about 2 years or so ago and he is already moved in. However, we have been dealing with some illness issues which has slowed the entir eprocess down.
We thought we would be off the grid and homesteading by now but are floating in limbo.

I moved the majority of the big stuff back in Nov.. but then we had issues with a brand new furnace and we fled back to my old place and that delayed me getting my stuff out of that place.. so i am a bit stressed.

I had one yard sale that was successful.. and I am having another one in a couple of weeks.

My challenge is to really be radical about throwing stuff away..

So many stupid papers and article and STUFF that just needs to go into the trash.

The other ISSUE is that I have to meticulously CLEAN all objects before they go to the new house because they MIGHT have been "contaminated with black mold spores from when I had a broken cast iron vent stack I had repaired this early spring.... So it isn't just that I can move it.. It is making me really sit back and think what I want....

I have been dealing with anger, frustration etc..

But My goal lately is to at least get through a couple of major boxes a night .

Rosemary
7-23-13, 4:58pm
Moving is a big deal. It takes a huge amount of time and energy even when additional things don't add roadblocks. Good luck, small steps are the way to go!

fidgiegirl
7-23-13, 5:57pm
Hang in there, caelidh. Sounds like a huge pain in the butt. It will get done eventually, and I hope that at some time in the future, when life is less stressful, you will be able to look back and feel glad that you pared down all the stuff. Keep checking in . . .

larknm
7-24-13, 11:37am
A couple of major boxes a night sounds like a clear, realistic goal. That way you give yourself the good feeling of watching the amount of stuff shrink.

Gardenarian
7-24-13, 12:31pm
Wow, sounds like it's been a tough time. It's good that you have a manageable plan. Feel free to vent here if you need to!