PDA

View Full Version : Cross Country

San Onofre Guy
9-1-13, 1:21pm
My son spent another summer working at Scout Camp in Maine. This year summer ended in a different fashion. My dad gave him his 1996 Chevy pick up. I flew back and he and I drove from Maine to California in three and a half says. A bit quick, but a good trip

razz
9-1-13, 1:38pm
Wonderful experience to go through with your son and share how great the country really is!

Tussiemussies
9-1-13, 7:02pm
Sounds like a great time! Being with your son and also seeing the country....

Spartana
9-4-13, 1:48pm
How fun! Bet your son really enjoyed that trip - especially oif it was his first cross country trip. What route did you take? I keep planning a cross country road trip to Maine from SoCal and back but seems I just end up going up and down the west coast because it's so hot everywhere else (or was this past month it seems). Maybe in fall for the foliage.

San Onofre Guy
9-5-13, 2:59am
From New Jersey we took 78 toHarrisburg and got on the pike which is 70 to St Louis then 44 to OklahomaCity to 40 all the way to Barstow

Tussiemussies
9-5-13, 7:38pm
Hi San Onofre, we are off 78 exit 24. Too bad we didn't know you were coming through!

Gardenarian
9-6-13, 2:52pm
Nice.

Spartana
9-6-13, 3:21pm
From New Jersey we took 78 toHarrisburg and got on the pike which is 70 to St Louis then 44 to OklahomaCity to 40 all the way to Barstow Sounds fun! Hope it whetted your sons appetite for more travel (at maybe a tad slower speed :-)!). But sometimes doing faster trips can be very rewarding. You get to see alot, and alot of changing scenery, in a short period of time and that can be interesting. I'm the Pokey Pony of the travel world and sort of get "stuck" staying in one place for too long. Last week I was just PMing one of the posters here how I was sort of stuck in a lovely part of Calif (Sonoma and Mendicino Counties) and "planned" to move on but never did until I had to come home. It was nice but sometimes you do and see more the faster you move. But at least there was wine there - lots and lots of wine :-)!

Azure
9-7-13, 9:00am
How cool!