PDA

View Full Version : The Fourty Hanger Closet....

Tussiemussies
9-20-13, 12:54am
There have been lots of posts about this. With both both summer and winter clothes I could never get my closet down to fourty hangers:

http://www.livingwellspendingless.com/2013/05/24/40-hanger-closet/

Tiam
9-20-13, 1:20am
Dang! Now I gotta go count some hangers!!:doh:

Jilly
9-20-13, 3:17am
That is pretty cool. I just counted. I have 43 hangers, but only 18 have clothing on them, and that includes two jackets that I wear under a shawl for the winter.

Even though the space would be wasted on me here, I would love that kind of closet which looks to be half the size of my bedroom. I love this small flat, but oh, the storage for cleaning supplies, paper rolls and more would be so nice.. Bliss.

mtnlaurel
9-20-13, 9:24am
I just peeked at this for 2 seconds... looks like a great site. I have it open to peruse thoroughly later today.
Thanks for always putting up such interesting rabbit holes to jump down!

lmerullo
9-20-13, 11:01am
Tussie - I blame you for my lack of productivity today! Interesting concept and food for thought.

JaneV2.0
9-20-13, 11:56am
My closet, dark and inadequate as it is, probably has room for forty hangers. Which is why I don't use it. My next house will either have cavernous closets or a dressing room. This house was built by an idiot.

frugalone
9-25-13, 2:23pm
I need some of those thinner hangers. I have a lot of the skirt/pants hangers that came w/the garments and they are bulky, always falling off the rod, etc.

I do have some of those nice hangers for jackets etc. They are quite nice.

40, though? I don't know if I could do it.

Jilly
9-25-13, 11:29pm
Tussie - I blame you for my lack of productivity today! Interesting concept and food for thought.

I blame her...errr...thank her for helping me avoid doing anything useful. Often.