PDA

View Full Version : Anyone invest in penny stocks?

frugal-one
10-8-13, 5:05pm
Deleted

bae
10-8-13, 5:21pm
"I know this is a gamble". Along with noob questions about how to go about doing it...

Means it isn't "investing". Seriously. It won't end well.

Go to Vegas, put your money on the roulette wheel, you'll be better off, and less research is required.

ctg492
10-8-13, 6:15pm
I did once maybe 8 years ago. Some tip on one of those "news" aka opinion shows. I was forewarned this was a penny stock. Anyhow it actually doubled, but..... I held on and hence lost my pennies. I need to add, I did not invest much and it was fun till the end.

razz
10-8-13, 6:22pm
DH bought some years ago on a really hot deal. We kept the stock shares in our files for our amusement and to remind us that there is no hot deal worth investing in on short notice.

frugal-one
10-8-13, 8:07pm
deleted

bae
10-8-13, 8:14pm
I'm simply saying "gambling" isn't "investing".

I'll also say that Vegas presents better odds. I put myself through college with my winnings in Atlantic City. Then again, I have a degree in Statistics...

Valley
10-8-13, 8:26pm
I'm not being mean, but if you have already purchased penny stocks and did well...what is it you want to know?:confused:

frugal-one
10-8-13, 8:46pm
deleted

Valley
10-8-13, 9:26pm
Sorry, I didn't mean to make you so angry...I was just confused. Again, sorry about that!

jp1
10-9-13, 9:56am
I think bae's point was valid. There's a difference between investing and speculating. Investing is putting your money somewhere with a reasonably high expectation of return, whether it's a stock that pays dividends or a bond that pays interest or a house that you rent out, etc. Speculating is putting your money somewhere with only the expectation that the value of your principal will grow. Buying a house in the hopes that house prices will rise is speculating, not investing. Buying 100 shares of Coke because it pays a 5% dividend (or whatever) is investing. There's nothing wrong with speculating if that's what one wants to do and one can afford to risk losing the money. But it's still gambling.

frugal-one
10-9-13, 10:40am
deleted

iris lily
10-9-13, 1:01pm
I do not want a discussion on if this is a good idea. I don't care what you think. I did not want this thread to be a diatribe. How do you delete a thread???

I sent you PM.

You may delete your own posts unless it is the first post in a thread where others have responded. You can't delete a thread because that is deleting the words and posts of others. I suggest that you delete your own posts below #1, then edit the #1 post to something generic such as "Have a Nice Day"

ctg492
10-9-13, 2:06pm
I just called my broker. That was it. So not sure what the other options would be.