PDA

View Full Version : Ten Corporations Control Almost Everything You Buy

try2bfrugal
11-4-13, 1:33pm
Well, maybe not what people on a simple living forum buy, but an interesting chart -

http://www.policymic.com/articles/71255/10-corporations-control-almost-everything-you-buy-this-chart-shows-how

Spartana
11-4-13, 2:06pm
Ha ha - good thing I rarely buy anything except food :-) and then it's usually whole foods in their natural form since I'm vegan.

Gardenarian
11-4-13, 2:23pm
Interesting. I see some things I buy on that chart!

JaneV2.0
11-4-13, 2:35pm
It's mostly the media and the banks that concern me.

try2bfrugal
11-4-13, 6:53pm
Interesting. I see some things I buy on that chart!

I think our household buys less than the average consumer does from the chart, but with so many products I think every family would have at least a few.

For me it was a good reminder to do more DIY stuff. I have a long list of things I want to start making on my own. Today I cleaned the bathroom with baking soda and an orange vinegar solution I made from orange peels soaked in vinegar. I think I may have gotten the orange vinegar idea from this forum.

I have a big box of used books I have been collecting from the library sales on how to DIY just about everything - alternative health books, make up, cleaners, sauces, herbal vinegars, uses for essential oils, and a bunch more. I have a long list of things I want to learn to make myself. Every week or so I tackle a new project and scratch of some commercial product from our regular shopping list.

noel
1-3-14, 6:38pm
Ha ha - good thing I rarely buy anything except food :-) and then it's usually whole foods in their natural form since I'm vegan.

I'm with you. I do the same thing and really think about what I buy and what small person I can buy anything I need from. I am vegan also and buy no processed food!