PDA

View Full Version : Vote!

Gardenarian
11-5-13, 1:45pm
There are some important measures in my district, as well as three City council seats.
How about you?

catherine
11-5-13, 2:40pm
Just voted!

(for Chris Christie-ssshhhh)

SteveinMN
11-6-13, 9:01am
Nothin' here. The Mayor is running for re-election. His opponents are a candidate who has been entering (but never winning) elections since the '70s (in-saaaaaaa-ne!), a candidate who goes by the nickname "Durty Kurty" (before the election), and a candidate whose entire platform appears to be that he's not the current Mayor. No challenge there.

The other election is for the School Board; five candidates for three positions. Two incumbents. Three other qualified candidates. Nothing there, either.

fidgiegirl
11-6-13, 7:39pm
I heard that in St. Paul we had the lowest turnout in like 30 years, I suppose for the reasons Steve lists!

a candidate who has been entering (but never winning) elections since the '70s (in-saaaaaaa-ne!)

Yeah, how did I not know about her? Her website is like something out of the twilight zone, but hey, at least she had one. I couldn't believe that one of the mayoral candidates did not, and two of the five school board candidates. I can see it in a smaller municipality, but St. Paul is a big town. I just found it weird in 2013 that any of these candidates wouldn't have one.

SteveinMN
11-7-13, 8:34am
I couldn't believe that one of the mayoral candidates did not, and two of the five school board candidates. I can see it in a smaller municipality, but St. Paul is a big town. I just found it weird in 2013 that any of these candidates wouldn't have one.
I wonder if it's tied to the belief that this election didn't require much of an investment. I have to say this seemed like the most low-key election I can remember in 13 years of living here -- no TV ad time, very few lawn signs.

fidgiegirl
11-7-13, 5:15pm
That could be. I didn't even realize we were voting on anything until about Saturday, and I'm relatively tuned in to that kind of stuff - not as much as the die-hards, but more than most, I think.