PDA

View Full Version : Ice storm.?

razz
12-22-13, 10:20am
How has thestorm affected you? I have my generator going to keep the sump operating as well as the fridge. Anyone else affected?

CathyA
12-22-13, 10:46am
Fortunately, we just got several inches of rain in north-central Indiana. Ice is sooooooo bad. We've had several major ice storms here in the past. Every single tree on the 35 acres has been broken at one time or another. I hope you are doing okay!

catherine
12-22-13, 12:45pm
Well, our ice is melting away fast and furiously in 70 degree weather in New Jersey--crazy!! But my son up in VT couldn't even leave his house because of the ice storm. I'm hoping it's under control by the time he leaves to drive down here... and I wouldn't mind if this warm weather stuck around for a while, either.

Hope you guys who are in the path of the ice and snow are doing well, and it's not impacting your holiday plans too badly.

Tussiemussies
12-22-13, 2:01pm
Sorry to hear a Razz, hope it melts soon so you can enjoy your holiday....

puglogic
12-22-13, 3:22pm
Stay safe, everybody -- I'll think warm thoughts your way.

razz
12-22-13, 3:50pm
Well, after I cancelled all my plans and tickets, the ice is gone with 5C (41F) but a sharp drop in temp tonight with strong winds is forecast. At least the ice was gone before the winds came unlike other occasions. After being awake since 4:30am getting the generator going, I will be sleeping well tonight in peace and quiet.
Hope that all are well and your Christmas plans are not disrupted too badly.

Gardenarian
12-22-13, 8:03pm
I remember those.
"Ice storm" - one of the scariest phrases ever.