PDA

View Full Version : Let the Rigth One In vs Let Me In

iris lily
3-12-11, 4:53pm
I loved the Swedish film Let the Right One In. It's a moody, atmospheric, vampire film with a few horrific bits. It affected me for days.

So when I heard that the Americans made an English verison, I was distainful. But still many of my film comrades said the American Let Me In is worth seeing . So I finally broke down and watched it, and here is the authoritative, IRis Lily view:

DOn't bother to see LEt ME In IF you've seen the original. While the American one is nicely done, they didn't bring anything new to the film. It has so many similarities to the original that I have to say, why bother.

If you hate reading subtitles then watch the American version! It IS decent, a thoughtful vampire film.

Brian
3-12-11, 10:13pm
Hmmm had a posting infarction first attempt so on second... the abridged version.

Really enjoyed Let the Right One In... out of similar principle as to yours had NO intention of seeing a remake whom ever made it. what would be the point on a well crafted and finely polished piece of work?

Same for Death at a Funeral. Not seeing the US version... ever.

Simplemind
3-13-11, 1:42pm
We watched Let Me In last night. We had seen the original and I liked Let the Right One In better. They were similar but I think the original had a more quirky feel to it.

iris lily
3-13-11, 3:22pm
We watched Let Me In last night. We had seen the original and I liked Let the Right One In better. They were similar but I think the original had a more quirky feel to it.

I agree, but maybe only because I saw the Swedish one first.

Oscar is nerdy and pretty much the same character in both, but Abbey in the Hollywood version is beautiful and is about 17 minutes from beocming jail bait. In the Swedish version you can picture her as "nothing" or gender neutral.