PDA

View Full Version : Byron Katie Insight

Xmac
3-13-11, 3:55pm
Man: 'I want women to have sex with me'

Byron Katie: "Is that true?"

Man: "no".

Byron Katie: "Even when we do can you know that we're doing it for you? That could be a bit arrogant. It's pure arrogance and hopeless. Who would you be without that story in the presence of a beautiful woman?"

Man: "It would feel very nice, very comfortable."

Byron Katie: "Yes, more natural, more like you. The reason for this is that if I want you to do something for me, it is not love. Because the truth is I want what you want. So, if you want to do something else, that's what I want. I know the joy of freedom. And the moment I try to get you to give up your life for me, in even the smallest way, it's an attempt to steal your life from you. And a thief has no peace because it's the opposite of freedom. And it can't be done because even when it appears that I get what I want, I always know I stole it. And when you say I love you, I never believe it because I have manipulated you with something that was false. So, you're thinking the wrong person, you're thinking a mask..."

nithig
3-13-11, 4:20pm
A row of laughing smilies .....:) :) :)

mattj
3-13-11, 8:17pm
Oh this is so weird.... it's okay to want sex and to have sex. Stop trying to NOT be human... Man said "I want a woman to have sex with me." mattj says, "There's a women here who wants to have sex with you... buy her a drink and compliment her shoes."

Xmac
3-13-11, 9:04pm
Oh this is so weird.... it's okay to want sex and to have sex. Stop trying to NOT be human... Man said "I want a woman to have sex with me." mattj says, "There's a women here who wants to have sex with you... buy her a drink and compliment her shoes."

Yup, it sounds weird, I know. What I posted was part of a long dialogue, so there's more to the context. You're right, it is quite okay to have and want sex. This exchange is about when it rises to the level of obsession or preoccupation that cause suffering. That's all. Nothing wrong with a good roll in the hay, I always say, and getting clear about our/my reactions when we/I don't get it is quite valuable in my opinion.