Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Tough question about going "extreme" with minimalism/simple living

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    freshstart:

I did not know all the back story. I was imagining that your son just worked, grabbed a burrito for dinner, and then played guitar all evening.

I think you have a good handle on the situation. It'll probably work itself out eventually.
    sorry I overreacted, The Chipotle Burrito sparked this mess, lol

It helped that my husband and I were on the same page with child raising. The kids couldn't just go live with the other parent ...

yes that helps a ton. I'm all for co-parenting as divorced parents, my ex, sadly, is not

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    SteveinMN:

You know what, I like you! You don't pull any punches and yet you remain totally tactful. Are you a therapist or counselor in real life? I am being serious, not flippant.
    Thanks. I'm a photographer and a long-time computer geek. Never been a therapist or more than a bar-room counselor. And I've had a lot of experience with mental illness in families.

I'm mostly a big fan of the examined life. I like to know why I do the things I do and feel the way about things/situations I do. IME responding to symptoms doesn't often address my core issues. Not saying you're just responding to symptoms. I'm just pointing out that sometimes the reaction of two people to a situation (lots of stuff) has as its root issue the same thing (ownership/presence of stuff).
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

SteveinMN:

I agree we have to treat the core issues of any kind of illness, if possible. Though if I wasn't having fun with extreme minimalism, I wouldn't do it!

Thread Information